• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish you Refuse to eat

andrew chadwick

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A great lakes salmon and an ocean run salmon are so far apart in taste and quality there is really no comparison. Although a coho from Lake Superior is pretty good, they'd compare to ocean run Dog salmon.

Pacific Ocean run salmon best eating in order.

Red Or Sockeye salmon

Slivers or Coho

King or Chinook

Pinks or Humpback

Dog

Atlantic Salmon are pretty good too.

What I wouldn't eat?

I'll try anything, once.

I know I am going to be torched for this one. I have tried quite a few times, but just dont care for Salmon. Ive had it when its good, and when its not so good. More not so good times than good..

I agree with you Deitz, never got a taste for salmon. I have had Carp smoked and it's really good. I think pretty much any fish that is prepared right would be tastey. But I haven't intentionally tried most of the bottom feeders.

All kidding aside, I can't think of a fish that I've eaten that didn't taste good....and I've tried a lot.

Honestly try pan frying a sucker. When I did it, it held it's shape until I put it in my mouth where it instantly turned into pudding.

bullhead no way im touching those things

Oh come on, back when there were way too many of them in the lake we used to just put em over an open fire and then give em to the dogs. Didn't smell half bad when they were done...

Plus as far as taking them off, those spines make the perfect grip for taking them off. Go from the belly side, put your thumb just below one spine, and put your index and middle finger around the other spine. You'll never have a better grip on a fish than that (though they are really slimy).

Largemouth Bass ! Ewwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

I agree. I have tried Largemouth bass a few times and every time they tasted like mud. I have a friend thats says I'm crazy and he loves them???? He still has yet to prove to me they can tast good. So My Vote - largemouth Bass. sick

walleyes smallies largies sunnies crappies I like them all. to be honest I bet 9 or at least 8 out of 10 people if you put freshwater fish that I listed on a plate can't tell the difference if you didnt tell them apart! I dont eat that many largies and smallies for those of you that might be offended. Its all in the mind. but I wont touch bull head