• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleye Photo Gallery

Team Otter

541705_10152425563605077_1388172371_n.jp

I recently caught this fish on a MN lake to be un-named. We've kept these pics pretty quiet, but thought I'd share. We told some people the size of her only for it to be called fake. It's not fake. I won't give dimensions or weight for that reason. It was a fish of a lifetime that I decided to release, (which went perfectly). Curious to see reactions and estimates for what people think!

My first piece of advice would be to wait awhile after posting on the Tonka Eyes thread and then posting a monster walleye on this thread. Totally bored with the guess the weight bullsh!t.

And you wonder why people are moving in on top of your permanent house, LOL!

UPgraded the personal bests from 25" to 26". First one was skinny as a rail, 2nd one looked about normal girth. Bent the hook handlining in a bigger fish that i really wanted to see... Another time.

64hrs (Thurs-Sun) in the hub house this weekend. Boy was it chilly on Mille Lacs.

full-26433-29159-2013_01_18_15_42_07_829

full-26433-29160-2013_01_19_08_46_23_629

Got my first Eel Pout too. Little bigger and it would have went on tinfoil over the sunflower heater!

Just because I posted on the metro forum means that this was caught on Minnetonka? I simply posted 2 separate topics on 2 different threads. It didn't come out if Minnetonka I can promise you that. The Minnetonka post was to all the lazy a-holes that can't find an area for themselves, yet move right on top of a house in the middle of no where to just to find fish from their hard work. This was caught North of I-94. Once again it seems as if it was a mistake to share a photo. Exactly why we didn't give the details. Already have guys giving their negative opinons. It wasn't an offensive post to anyone so if you don't like someone showing his own fish of a lif time, keep to yourself. Isn't that what this is for, to share successes with other sportsmen. Unreal. Here we go again

You asked for it...

Literally! You asked for opinions and you got them! If you would have just put up a picture you would have gotten nothing but positive responses. You put up some big song and dance about how nobody thinks its as big as it is and then asked for estimates. What did you expect!?

grin

He's got the opposite problem as me. I'm huge and make my fish look like dwarfs, and i've never been one to hold a fish close to the camera - but i sent this above two pictues to my dad this weekend and he says "They look small, you need to hold them closer to the camera" LOL.

Surprised you didnt take a picture of another mounted fish like the one on your profile..... I could take a couple wall hangers down, walk out in the middle of a lake and snap a couple photos too.

+1 on the totally bored at the "guess the weight" game. Come on man, youre the type of guy that is more worried about people seeing what youre catching than just fishing. You think you're the only one that knows spots of tonka? Dude, that lake is nothing new. Your like 22 yrs old, a lot of guys have been fishing that since before you were born, or am I wrong and these spots just magically appeared due to plate tectonics?

By the way, the use of this site seems to be informational, not a means to toot your own horn. Get over yourself....

Walleye envy?

That fish is a pig, whatever the weight! 13+?

I gotta say, I think that pic of eyeguy54's little guy holding that fat little walleye is one of the best kid pics I've ever seen on FM! What a cute kid, and that smile and those eyes really says it all!

Lighten up fella's. Life is too short to argue every point that comes along.

Just enjoy the wonder of it all!

Wow. Maybe the original post was worded the wrong was, it was not intended to get anyone bent out of shape. Im not a huge guy, but I can tell you it was being held in anyway that was not trying to cheat it. You can see both of my arms bent. A mounted fish in my profile? That crappie was caught less than 12 hours after the walleye and was sitting on the ice for an hour before we took pictures. Yeah, I just carry mounted fish along on our trips... Really? I couldn't stop laughing. Sorry. We actually have video from the time the walleye was hooked to the time that it was realesed. It wasn't the longest walleye around, but its girth was what made it special. The length was a fraction under 30" and the fish had a girth of 21". Do the math? A walleye in the 14lb range is a fish of a lifetime! I would have put it on the wall, but I always told myself that I would have to break 30". Considering the circumstances at the time it felt right to let it go, not sure how many people could do that. 22yrs old? I'm actually 30. Ok, I took the wrong approach. I've been fishing for over 20yrs and was proud to post a photo of my biggest walleye. I guess I dont see the harm in that. I guess next time we'll put all the details out right away, yet im sure there would still be some that would mistake that for arrogance. Just wanted to see what people thought of the size. Unreal. Oh yeah, here is another photo of that crappie along with another one that was caught at the same time early that morning. They were both just under 16". Must have been mounted fish though. 307536_10152425563315077_477025821_n.jpg

Please quit hijaking this thread for bickering!! It is a Gallery which means pictures of fish and the story to go with them.. I come here to see fish fellow anglers are proud to share! A simple congrats and a question of where and how it was caught will do! Thanks