• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Team Otter

Walleye Photo Gallery

I don't fish for walleye much, but I tried out ice fishing for the first time last weekend and this was the only fish I caught. Had a great time none the less.

DSCN0313.jpg

^^^consider yourself lucky that that was the only fish you caught!!! i have been out several times this winter adn have yet to catch a eye! i would give anything to be able to pull something like that outta the hole

Pretty new to ice fishing and I am addicted!! Here's my first walleye - caught on Dec 23rd on Lake Independence. smile

1223081733.jpg

Great fish everyone. Great to see the gals and the kids getting in on the eye action!!!

Rock5353, your questions will be best answered either in the Ice Fishing forum or Brainerd forum, unless you have something specific you're looking for in terms of walleye or perch fishing during the Brainerd Jaycee's Ice Fishing Contest.

Murphys law of course. Caught a nice 28" walleye the other night and forgot the camera and was fishing alone. I know-- a fish story. Released of course, but I'll remember the camera next time for sure!

note to self. . . leave camera at home, catch big fish. Actually remember to bring camera, do not catch big fish. These are my fishing stories.

well said hopkins. Next time when you bring that camera you might now even catch a fish. Who knows!

HotPocket, you must be fishing in all the good "hotpockets" dang you catch a lot of nice fish!

HotPocket, you must be fishing in all the good "hotpockets" dang you catch a lot of nice fish!

i was thinkin the same thing i would love to get some like that and put them in the pan

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• The crib idea is a bit more than I am looking for.  I just want a 4' x 8' dock section on a little pond.  Trying to keep this around $500.   It is a curious point though.  The pond doesn't even show up as water on some maps even though it's been there forever.  Aerial photographs from the 40s show it in the middle of a cornfield.  The county plat map shows it as water and it shows I own a slice of it across to the other side, as opposed to the normal deal where your property line ends at the water.    Of course for property tax purposes, it's considered lakeshore.    
    • We recently embarked on a paddling, fishing and camping adventure on the Saint Croix River.. We put the Kayaks in at Interstate Park (MN) and our take out point was Marine on St. Croix (16.1 miles downstream). In between those launches we explored the river, back waters, caught multiple different species of fish, camped one night at a primitive site, got rained on and had a blast! I can't wait to get back out on that stretch of river. This video captures a good portion of our adventure.    
    • It didn’t sound like his pond was much of a “waterway” but I get your point.  There are actual dock guidelines/rules published by the DNR that should be referenced.  I’m pretty confident he’d be OK.
    • Nice win last night! That triple play really picked them up. Thought Rogers was going to let another 1 slip away & then he found his curve. Hope they can keep knocking them out of the park.
    • I wonder if down here in the cities, if you would have to get a permit to put in a crib dock since it more of a permanent structure in a water way?  
    • To all the, (2001 Yamaha 80 hp. 4 stroke on a 18.6 Lund ) guru"s out there. New thing with my motor.... If I take it out with 3 guys in it that weigh 250 each appx... I leave the boat landing and get it on plane and up to like 29-30 mph and 5200 rpm's. After awhile,,  like a 15 minute ride across the lake I go to a stop and the alarm goes off and I see like heat smoke coming out of the back of motor. If I put it in neutral and rev it up a couple times the smoke and alarm quits and it is good to go all day like trolling etc. I did put a new water pump and impeller in it last year also. I have not changed the thermostat in maybe 5 years either.  YEA I NKOW >>> Every couple hundred hours down here in the s.w. part of minnesota. Yes, the lakes are shallow and green and muddy all the time. I'm leaning towards the thermostat this weekend. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks guys and gal's.
    • Is the bottom content firm or soft?  If it’s firm and you’re feeling industrious enough, you could crib it.  Our dock in Ely rests on cribs and is in a slow part of the river.  Haven’t had a problem since we put it in about 8 years ago.  Haven’t even had to re-level it.   You’ll probably be fine with posts too if the bottom is softer but might have to mess with the leveling a little.  
    • I live on the North side of a small 100 acre lake, I haven't removed my dock for several years. The ice melts away from shore on the North side first and is well beyond the dock by the time it starts getting pushed around by the wind. Last year the wind came from the south and I thought the ice was going to crush the dock. When I finally went down to the lake to look, I saw that the ice had deteriorated enough that it did no damage. So, I would like to think that you should be able to leave it in. If the ice moves when your poles are still frozen in, it might drag the dock 'out to sea' but that's probably the worst case scenario. Another idea is to have a levitating dock. You say you have a lot of trees, if you have a pair of large trees by the shoreline, you could run a heavy cable or chain from the trees to the dock and make it suspend above the water. Use poles to stabilize it in the warm months and pull them up in the fall. This worked for my dad for about 15 years until he moved. The pics show the cable he used as the backbone of the system.
    • I have a small pond in my backyard.   It's sort of cigar shaped.  Its about 250-300 yards long and I live pretty much square in the middle of it.  It's about 60-75 yards across where I am at.  It's not the best pond ever, but it doesnt get covered with muck like most suburban ponds and it is kinda nice to paddle around in a kayak and watch the ducks and herons.    I want to put a cheap dock in.   My question is, do I really need to take it out every fall?  There is a steep slope on all sides and it's nestled in the suburbs so it basically has no wind.  It's not a big enough pond  for there to be big ice flows in the spring or some sort of plate tectonics action when it's freezing over.   The steep slope down to the pond is kind of brutal as far as dock removal goes and I don't exactly have a good spot to store a dock on shore.   I've got a lot of trees.      I have also considered a floating dock, which are reported to be fine to leave in during the winter.   I would just prefer to not go that route, as stationary docks are much more stable.      
    • SM is in the game now too. Good- it has a pilot point. Bad- it has Lazer blades. Probably won’t be good in a permanent house for reopening holes. I sure wish Eskimo would wake up and add a point.