• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleye Photo Gallery

Team Otter

full-35080-23496-img_0027.jpg

the same thing happened to me when i got this 31 incher fishing for panfish in a 300 acre lake. i was talking with my wife on the cell when the walleye took my flu flu with a small crappie minnow on it. after realizing the fish was bigger than a crappie i told her i would have to call her back. i quickly released it after taking the pic on the tape. good luck.

@ Fishahalik: Everyone looks amazed in the back of the boat laughlaugh

Ya, my son was downright scared of it! It was pretty cool, he's used to catching sunnies and crappies. He's caught a couple nice bass but they defintely don't have teeth like the eyes do! Dad was jealous too, he'd been fishing for eyes all afternoon and hadn't gotten a bite

I think that was a tongue in cheek comment but I was only guessing by the looks of the fish add that with the barren backround I would think that would eliminate Minnetonka...haha

full-35080-24578-img.jpg

i posted this in my Arrowhead thread, but i thought this pic deserves a shot in the photo gallery. the walleye was caught in Kabetogoma back in the early 30's. have no idea how big it is and can only guess over 10 lbs. my experience at the Kab was more eater walleys than big girls like this one. good luck.

Here's a picture of the first walleye I've ever caught in my life at Lake Vermilion! After my neighbor's son and his best friend heard that I've never caught a single 'eye in my life when we were hanging at their island cabin for a few drinks, they sought to get me out at 4 in the morning, and act as fishing guides in their local honeyhole to get me one. It was awesome! We traded stories, did the usual guy stuff, and me and his best friend almost had a big one on (which would've been my second), but we lost it as soon as it reached our boat (could've been one in the slot limit). It was 15 inches, so it was the perfect eater. I don't think I'll be able to get another one this year, but if I do, it sure as heck won't beat that great time I had out in July!

My_First_Walleye.jpg