• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trail Cam Photos - Lets get going!!!

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id rather not pinpoint a location on that deer, im sure you all understand... I did talk to a guy who watched him from 15 yards for 10 minutes and the buck never saw him.. He counted 4 drops, and he also knows a guy who has 5 other trail cam pics of him, and they came to a tally of 26 points. I assure you this is not a young deer, when i saw hom in 2004 i ESTIMATED him to be atleast 4.5 with the rack he was carrying, that now would wake him 7.5. The guy who I talked to has shot many trophy class deer, last year got a 170 inch, he knows a lot about deer and looks for sheds as well. He has a good idea of what deer would score.. Obviously the pic i posted does not do justice... he estimated him to be 220... he also has seen the deer for years. We'll never know til he's down, almost a shame to see an animal like that go, ya know. I have some more nice bucks on cam from the past few days... ill post them sometime. I have 2 twin 12's in the same frame for a couple dozen pictures, about 60 or so of the 2 combines.. both main frame 10's with identical split brows. Also got a nice 8 i have the sheds off of, his shed had an 11 inch g2, he's about the same this year, also got anothe non typical, about 8 pics... not giant like the first one, but a nice 4.5 year old deer. One side has a nice 4 point side with a tall bladed brow and the left side is like a tall brow and from there its just messed up, dont know if it was this years injury or one he's had for a few years, but a nice one to get a picture of.

SHEDFREAK

this smells of a game farm. Just kidding!!! That is awesome. In my area I would hold out for a spiker or any field goal post. You definetly have some genetics going on and a great population of some bucks.

So we all will be expecting some pictures of your buck Monday morning sharp!!!

grin.gifgrin.gif

mr

Hmmmm... What do you guys think about this one.

Taken on private land. Small game was not open yet. Never seen this guy as one of the tennents residing here.

{Note from Admim} I 'm going to error on the side of caution and remove the picture. Please Let us know how this turns out.

I would definitely take this to the sheriff and press charges.

On another note, how many of these pictures are being taken over bait. I find it hard to beleive that these perfect pictures are taken just off of trails etc. Particularly the picture with the squirrel eating corn right next to the buck. Unfortunately a few have ruined it for everyone.

Everytime I see these pictures, all I can think of is that they were baited in. If not congratulations. If they were baited in, I am not impressed.

Regarding the bait.. I use a salt block for one of my two trail cameras out which is this one. Since there are apple trees with apples on the ground near this one I one time threw a bunch in front of the camera to see what happened. (Not near a stand) Well the deer didn't even touch them! Have lots of pics of possums eating them though.

Hey Amigo!!!!

Looks like your buddy there was going for a nice stroll through the woods without ya!? grin.gif

Tippman I will email you later and give you my hunting report/story from this weekend...unbelieble is all I can say!!!!

meat-run grin.gifconfused.gif

Quote:

On another note, how many of these pictures are being taken over bait. I find it hard to beleive that these perfect pictures are taken just off of trails etc. Particularly the picture with the squirrel eating corn right next to the buck. Unfortunately a few have ruined it for everyone.

Everytime I see these pictures, all I can think of is that they were baited in. If not congratulations. If they were baited in, I am not impressed.

I place bait to get pictures, it is legal. I do not hunt over it and stop well before season, and it's a great way to see whats in the area. How does that ruin it for every one?

Quote:

Tippman, I would print that off and hand it to your police dept. I have had pictures just like them, but they were my neighbor
confused.gif

I don't feel like they would do anything about it but I guess it doesn't hurt to try. It bothers me most that there is someone else screwing up my hunting. I work closely with many of the police and will ask them tonight how seriously they would take it.