• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trail Cam Photos - Lets get going!!!

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rot, that is a nice mature deer. Sag in the belly, arch in the back, big rear end. He's got to be 4 maybe 5 years old.

Nice shots guys, here is the first one I got this year. A younger buck, but has some potential in 2 years.

[ mdgc0012sm7.jpg

mdgc0011yl7.jpg

There is nothing illegal about using corn or bait to get deer to come into a viewing area. During the deer season, now thats a different story.

Using bait or minerals is a great way to get deer to come to where your camera is. You can get several pics of a single deer, rather than a single shot thats marginal if you just try to use trails for getting pics.

Ditto what BLB said. Before you start judging people, pause a second and think about it. Do you know all the facts? I didn't think so.

I have not used corn at all this year with my trail cam, though I have in past years in miniscule amounts and there is nothing wrong with it as I have stopped months before the season started. Believe me, the frequency of pics drops dramatically in the days afterward, so I have not patterned them to come to where was once corn for the next few months of there being nothing there.

Using minerals is often recommended as part of QDMA and there is nothing illegal about it. Like BLB said, it is a great stopper for trail cam pics. BTW, I have never once watched a deer utilizing a mineral site in September or later while hunting. It's not like dumping a pile of corn on the ground. It is, however, a good and legal way to provide them with minerals and get some pics.

If you're going to accuse someone of illegally baiting, you'd better be (Contact Us Please) sure you know what you're talking about. Because that's about one of the worst things you could ever accuse a hunter of.

I use apples and corn in July and August in front of my cameras. I set my timer to one picture every minute, this way I get lots of pictures of the deer here, I just save the best pics and delete the others. I have no bait out after Aug. 31st and I don't resume until Jan 1st. There is nothing illegal about that. I'm checking my cams right now, if I get any good pics i'll put em up.

That last buck is very impressive. Nice job.