• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trail Cam Photos - Lets get going!!!

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

It makes no difference how you justify this. I agree, it is not illegal to put out corn for taking pictures but I would bet that most folks on this site are then going to be hunting right over that same site, claiming that the bait is gone or that they are doing so legally. I think this is truly unethical and I would be ashamed to take any deer that I have been feeding and keeping around. If we keep encouraging people to do this,it is only going to get worse. We (deer hunters) must be willing to police each other and not pepetuate these activities. It really gives deer hunters a bad name which only leads to bad outcomes whether in the press or elsewhere. Just read the weekly outdoor news and notice how many people are getting busted for hunting over bait.

Here are some more pictures for you grin.gif

MDGC0083.JPG

MDGC0034.JPG

MDGC0023.JPG

MDGC0019.JPG

MDGC0008.JPG

I actually feed them corn from a feeder and then I pick apples off my 6 trees daily and put them out there. No I don't hunt these deer but my daughter LOVES to watch the deer!

Now see.....if I wouldn't of put that extra little text you would be blasting me for feeding the deer corn....or baiting them. Maybe you should voice your opinion elsewhere and quit judging people from your pc.

Thanks,

Tim

the pictures i posted were near a bait pile, yes. not that i NEED to justify myself, but i will. The picture of the big non typical mult drop tine buck was taken with no bait anywhere. I had the cam out there 3 days and simply checked my card to see how the aim was on the camera. come to find out I have a picture of a monster!! only then did I drop one bag of corn out there, in hopes to get him to STOP in front of the camera. The picture I have is kind of blurry because he was just strolling by. Also, I dont even have a bow tag yet, and when I do buy one, I dont even hunt that woods. I am just a rackaoholic you could say. These pictures are mainly for my shed hunting. I like to get pictures of bucks and try to match them with some of my sheds and then put the picture up next to them.

Anyways, just thought I would share that.

SHEDFREAK32

I believe that deer is very real! Possible that is in an inclosure, but its does not look photoshopped! Different angles, different shadeing. Its an amazing deer!

I know of one near Tell, Wisconsin in Buffalo Co. that looks similar to that, I dont think it was that wide though!

If it gets shot the deer world will know. It will be a record 4x4, over 185! Id like to see it in bone! ooo.gif

It's real guys. Last year the deer was pushed into a 15 acre wooded area and got out after a bunch of hunters from the area basically surrounded it. Here's another shot where it doesn't look quite as impressive.

Food_plot.jpg

As far as damaging the antlers in velvet- deer are amazing creatures. You never really can predict just how they are going to act or be. Maybe this buck beds in a place where low branches arent an issue? Maybe he uses wide enough trails to get where he wants to go? Or maybe his bone structure underneath that was just strong enough to hold steady? Who knows, Id like to think that deer is real, however i am not the person to say so or not. I dont like trying to analyze nature too much, I just like to stand in awe of things that great!

I work at a marketing agency in the city and we us photoshop everyday and you would be suprized what you see everyday that is not real. Every magazine, every product shot, every ad is not a straight photo. I hope that the hunting industry does not get tainted by this technology, but obviously everyone is starting to doubt it already. Shadows and texture changes are the easiest way to detect a fake. However good designers can blend it so you would never notice a thing. I guess we are going to have to wait until this one is in the back of a truck. Good luck, I hope it is real and I hope that individuals don't start "faking" success.

I say it is real.