• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muskie Photo Gallery

davev

Those 2 big pike did take awhile to catch.The one I caught the 25lber took i would guess about 10mins. and the other one my old man caught that one took about 20! both fish barely fit through a 10" hole. The odd thing is there is much larger! I hear of a guy cathing a 30lber+ every year. We usually go on a 5 day trip or so to target the fish to an area. You can fish 4tipups a guy in ND wich makes it nice. The ice can be pretty scary sometimes only fishing on 3'4 inches of ice, sometimes need a plank to get onto the ice but in the end it always seems to be worth it. I will post that mount on here soon.

This fish I caught could have been eaten by the gators above. But I had a blast catching this guy and a number of other pike around this size sight fishing so far this winter. Its a blast watching pike come in and nail your jig and nearly pull the rod out of your hands, like this guy just about did. It scares me and its a lot of fun. Caught this guy with my favorite jig for northerns a 1/2 oz northland bucktail airplane jig.

christmasbreak024yc2.jpg

last year actually. only 600$ for the mount as well a guy down in southern minnesota did them. I was very happy with the overall product. most places around centeral mn wanted around 1000$. If anyone ever catches a big fish they wish to mount there is this powder that I dumped on the fish after I wiped all the slime off of them,wrapped them in a towel and put that inside a garbage bag in the freezer the results turn out pretty well as the fish seemed to hold thier color and fins seemed to stay intact.I will look for the name of the product that i use.Never put it in newspaper!