• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muskie Photo Gallery

davev

Nice fish, what's with people holding them out as far as possible? Hold it close, give a real perspective. It's as big as it is, not getting any bigger holding it farther away.... wink

I gotta agree with JRedig on this... and Fisher sumbitted an excellent picture... but what would be more awesome would be if there were more total water release... such as the last picture in Fishcast's posting... that was awesome!!! I hope I'll be able to achieve something like that this year...

I'm with you too JRedig. It's better to have a proper perspective to fully appreciate it. You're not fooling anyone when you hold it straight out. I'll bet Esox's fish was only 38 inches so he held it out as far as he could and claimed it was 48. winkwink Just giving all some friendly sh#t. Very nice fish. I love those spotted ones. I've got to get out there and get my first one of the season under my belt. Maybe this weekend. Been busy.

Been lurking around the HSOforum for quite awile, its nice to finally sign up! Great pics everyone!!!

I was just wondering, and I'm not sure at all, but is the above fish a tiger muskie or a smaller fish that hasn't fully developed? I know smaller northern pike can almost look like a muskie sometimes. Any others have opinions? Just currious? Thanks

Here is a 42" fat fish I caught this AM. She hit right on the the lure hitting the water and did a quick tail slap and that was all she wrote! Right after the picture, when measuring her, she decided to bite my thumb and bit through a set of Lindy SuperFabric gloves...what a feisty thing! I lost more blood out of my thumb then the fish did getting caught. I guess it needed revenge? Hurts like a son of a gun though.

IMG_1577.jpg

Alright, it's not a beautiful picture by any means, but it was my first ever Muskie, I was alone, and all I had was a camera phone crazy. Was in a bit of a hurry smile

39" and it was successfully CPR'd.

img00089we7.th.jpg

Great skies!

Congratulations on the first jholland! What did you catch it on?

Thanks!

Caught it on a regular Perch Bull Dawg cruising over some weeds in about 14'. Really reassuring to hook into a fish when it's your first time throwing a bait that huge!

That 42" you hooked into a few pages back held a real awesome story! Wish my fish had one to back it up like that. Congrats as well smile

Full moon period didn't seem to offset the continued northwest winds, but after many lazy follows, finally hooked up a little one. Short and fat, but at least one on the line. Had one really nice fish come at a Cowgirl with mouth open and gills flared, but turned at the boat and ignored the figure 8s. Water temp still at 66 up here.

first_musky.jpg

Nice fish boys!

Copter: What was the barometer, wind, dew point, humidity.....nice fish weather guy!

Breuer: Pig....enough said!

esoxmn: Nice job with the tail hiding the GPS screen and nice fish!

EsoxCop: Not sure why a few were bustin' your chops on the first pic and the perspective...... While you're a handsome guy, I'd much rather see the fish than you! Nice fish!

Esox,

I don't care how you hold it. I'm still [PoorWordUsage]'d at you. Jealousy is all. That's 2 really nice fish in the last couple of weeks. I'm still trying for my first of the year. Went out the other day and got a great big zero. Didn't even raise one. But that is a better pixture than the one holding it way out. Congratulations on those dandies.