• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muskie Photo Gallery

davev

Heres a few pics of some Pike and Muskies from Northern MN in the fall of 2003. Drove from Denver,CO straight through to Walker, started fishing the next morning and it was fish on for the rest of the week.MNMuskieHunt2003006.jpgMNMuskieHunt2003008.jpgMNMuskieHunt2003013.jpg

Here are some pics from LOTW Wiley Point Resort back in June 06'

IMGP2710.jpg

38" pike

IMGP2726.jpg

My Uncle with a 37" Ski

IMGP2700.jpg

Me with a 42" Ski

cleanmuskypicpg0.jpg

My dad also caught a 52" Muskie back in 05' but we cant find the pics on the computer.

We are headed back on June 20th-27th to get some more!

Ryan

Here is my first of the year.

Caught this chunky little girl this morning fishing for walleyes.

Caught her on 6# test line throwing a small perch shad rap.

This is why I always bring 2 nets. You never know when your going to need a bigger net!!

Fishing.jpg

Brian

Shhhhh........

You're revealing my secrets to sounding smart! grin

Markings and the rounded fins might have been tip-off too! Out for the morning, lives in Lakeville, walleyes in Orchard....

Geez, I sound like a Profiler!

Hey Brian,

Check your bumpers for a GPS tracker...... That's how I knew where you were. I'm just glad to see I've not lost my investigative skills!

Really, look at where you were, what you caught, what you were using, and you have yourself an all-season pattern. Beef up the equipment a bit as you're on good stuff with Orchard and Crystal in your backyard. I'll leave it at that.....spilled enough beans as it is.

There are, as you said, "chunky little girls" like you caught and chunky big girls too.

nice skie there fishing4skies

and great MN pike there muskie junkie (but they do have a pike forum now for great northern pics like that)

But here is my first ever tiger muskie! real pretty guy, Vahn Titrio mentioned it was a tiger it in another post for me. Caught it while bass fishing on a floating rapala, it jumped out of the water like a dophin about 3 times too.

treeandbassopen109xs8.jpg

Now for some good news, and some bad news. Starting with the good news: I got my 3rd and biggest MUSKIE monday!!!!!!

Funny thing is something like the day before I caught the skie, I posted in the catching a muskie from a canoe post, giving advice about how I would land one if it happened and it did!

I was floating a river in a canoe with another guy in the canoe with me and another canoe with a couple other friends. We started for smallies. Then got to a slower stretch, and the time before we caught pike and a small tiger pictured above in the slower stuff so we were going to try for muskie there.

The other group was ahead of me and one of them caught there first ever Muskie!!!! 30"!!! he caught it on a regular x-rap, with tiable steel and braid. We floated a little more and I was casting my 9 weight and about a 6.5" whistler style fly from The MN Fly Angler/Thorne Bros (same fly as my last one I caught) with 50lb tyable wire and 25lb mone and caught a big smallie!

Next we got to an even slower section which was shallow with a bunch of downed logs and after a long cast and a few strips of the line I felt weight and set the hook! I said "I got a fish, either a big smallie or a muskie", but then it just took off real hard!

It pulled soooooooo hard, and I was horsing on it as hard as possible to keep it out of the downed trees. (it fought a lot better than my last fish for some reason). After a few minutes of fighting it my canoe partner got me in to shore where I jumped out to land it (which was the hardest part with a 9 foot rod and no net)

Now everyone I was with was around me watching and I had just yelled to my frieds (who were also wading around me) to not let it get between your legs, when all of a sudden it took a run at me! I tried to dodge it, and did sort of, but it snapped my rod in half!!!!! then I had to pull it in with 3ft of rod and land it finally!!!!!!! (My friends were snapping lots of pics and taking video the whole time and I have a great video of the landing to post if I can figure out how)

ending with the obvious bad news: I need a new fly rod

42" !!!

treeandbassopen114rt8.jpg

treeandbassopen145nd9.jpg

treeandbassopen147ds6.jpg

treeandbassopen125fx6.jpg

Wow excellent story there... Looks like he had a very rough spawning season... I hope to be able to have a similar experience of being in the water while releasing a Muskie... the pictures would be very PRICELESS!!!