• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muskie Photo Gallery

davev

Looks I'll be the first to put a legit in season MN muskie on the picture board for the 2008 season! This one was caught on Saturday early afternoon. It was in the low 40's and didn't measure her as we wanted to be sure of a successful CPR. Took off like a rocket!

IMG_1527.jpg

IMG_1522.jpg

No I did not. This one was from Lake Miltona. Was out there with Gregg Thomas and Brad Hoppe on Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and today while they were trying to film some segments for a new DVD. (We were in our own boat and talked with them at the access, not on a guided trip with them the past few mornings) Talked with Gregg Sunday morning for a bit and they didn't see a thing all day Saturday so made us feel pretty good to have one up one the pros for a day or two. I'm sure they've boated some by now, but was fun none the less talking with those guys...very down to earth!

Familypictures011.jpg

I picked this muskie out of the water just after we put our boat in out of Eddy's on the south west shore of Mille Lacs last year. She measured 45 inches but was skinny. I actually reached down as she was slowly swiming away and grabed her tail. She didn't start thrashing about until I slid my hand under her jaw. I think she was caught and released right before we saw her. She was seeminly sunning herself and in some kind of a coma. I had my buddy get the camera ready as we slowly approached and we were able to take a picture in less than probably 20 seconds. She did swim away as I placed her back in the water. Crazy story. I couldnt believe I was able to pick a muskie out of the water... I was happy to see her swim down and away.

My brother HugoBox got this today from BE. He had two others on, but lost, one he said was a dandy. This one was about 41"-42" according to his quick boat side measurement.

erik_20080616_ski.jpg

Fished Mantrap this weekend and my buddy and I managed two fish I got my first ever at 44 inches and my buddy got a 42. The 44 was caught on a Pink Mepps Musky Killer and the 42 was caught with a Rattlin Rap. Here are the pics can't wait to get into my next one.

44" first ever musky!

muskie2.jpg

muskie1-1.jpg

42" my buddy got the day before does anyone know what the wound could have been caused by we thought it might be a spawing wound but did not seem to affect the fish she swam away strong.

muskie4.jpg

muskie3.jpg

pics were from a cell phone sorry about the size.

Hi Hunter -

Welcome to the site. I already dropped your dad a note as well. Compared to where I normally find fish on BE they were pretty deep 10+ FOW. I also used a Sledge, which I haven't used before. Its almost like a cross between a Suick and a Reef hawg in how it comes in. I think I may pick up a couple more in the weighted version.

Let's try to get out soon.

-erik

Nice fish Erik, we don't have a sledge, and I think we could always use another lure. Glide baits were the only thing that I could get fish to move on, and that's what seems tp be the lure this year. This weekend we're going 4 hours north, but hopefully we can fish here pretty soon.