• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muskie Photo Gallery

davev

If you're telling me I should've netted the fish nearly in the dark with a bait with 3 treble hooks on it and the fish would've been less harmed, I wish you luck when you try it by yourself. That fish was out of the water 45 seconds, tops, and swam away quickly (wet face quickly).

It's annoying to feel like I have to answer to people here about how I release MY fish. I know you were not meaning a lot by it, but scroll back to the pictures I posted a month ago and someone else also had to chime in.

Everyone has their way of doing it and if you take the fish out of the water, we all know there is more stress on the fish. The best way to do it will always be debated by someone who thinks his way is better.

Maybe it isn't worth posting musky pictures on the musky picture forum anymore.

Lighten up Francis! If you read the post again you'll see I never commented on how you landed it or how long it was out of the water (though now that you mention it 45 seconds is a lot). The only comment I made was that there is plenty of evidence that completely vertical holds on larger fish can cause problems for the fish - that being the bone structure and connective tissue at the back of the head and also on thier internal organs. And until 4 years ago I myself was unaware of this even though I have reeased every fish i've caught. But through reading (EA and others), I have changed my ways, and just thought I'd pass it along to someone else who may not have availed themselves of the same information. If we as musky hunters do indeed practice what we preach and attempt to cpr these fish as best as possible, and are truly looking out for the fish's and the resource's best interest, then I would think there would be no need to get defensive or "annoyed". It was only a suggestion, you do with it what you want. And if you noticed, I complimented you on the catch, didn't just rip into you. When I caught my biggest last year when I was alone, you don't think I wanted a picture in the worst way? I just wasn't going to hang it by the jaw just so I could have one. Your choice. Still a nice catch, congratulations.

I too could go without all you pros with all the answers on holding fish. i dont know how many fish i have run in to the boat, alligator roll or jump. i better ask them to stop so they dont hurt themselves.

non of us do it on purpse. i think we got the point from all the people who chime in about it.