• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muskie Photo Gallery

davev

Not the biggest of fish, but a nice surprise at sundown on what was likely my last day of chasing skis this year. 35" (and perhaps the same fish as tanman caught way back on page 9, same spot (his photo looks south, mine looks northeast)).

IMG_0464.jpg

We got a lot of nice pike this year. I got 4 over 40" myself. We were testing out some new SuperD designs. It was a good time. Anglers Kingdom is a real good place to stay. Good 18' Lund boats with 50H motors. Its also a double boat in lake so its not overfished. Good time if you like catching pike and walleye.

Grunt - what kind of money do they get for a trip there? I fished Favourable years ago when Kevin Geary, the owner of Anglers Kingdom, was guiding/helping there and was not impressed with the pike fishery (I think it was still being netted back then). I take it you were fairly impressed with this lake?

Kevin is still the owner. This year and last a 50" pike was boated while we were there adn we have always gotten multiple pike over 40" and walleye over 24". Walleye are east, they think they are bass in the shallows wink He has also improved the camp/cabins a lot. He even has a lodge now with bar/pool table and a wireless bubble over the camp. The lake seems to get a little better each year. WE used to go to his brothers place one lake over (Little Vermillion) but we always lost one day due to bad weather (fly in).

Thanks for the info James. What does he charge? What time of year do you usually go?

I think it is right around $800 for a week (all included). I go early June usually. Most guys are using dead bait still but we used big and small SuperDs this year and cleaned up! Between 3 of us we got 9 pike over 40" and most of those came in a 4 hour period on a new spot we found this year. Good time!

Dave...you may not have realized it, but I think there was a Cougar, or maybe a Sasquash, or a Grizzlie maybe, hiding in the darkness to the right of your fish....maybe figured on having both you and the fish for dinner! grin Nice photo, a big fish and a happy fishermen!