• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's on the grill

1 hour ago, Big Dave2 said:

Shrimp boil on my overpriced pellet grill up at the camper.

20190526_171651.jpg

You know Dave if you wouldn't have bought an over priced pellet grill you could have had lobster with steak chunks instead of shrimp sausage! ?

On 5/26/2019 at 9:23 PM, chaffmj said:

You know Dave if you wouldn't have bought an over priced pellet grill you could have had lobster with steak chunks instead of shrimp sausage! ?

Well, the overpriced pellet grill that I cooked this meal on is the one I have up at the camper and I paid $50 for it so......

54 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

Well, the overpriced pellet grill that I cooked this meal on is the one I have up at the camper and I paid $50 for it so......

leech gave ya a good deal huh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?:P

On 5/26/2019 at 6:31 PM, Big Dave2 said:

Shrimp boil on my overpriced pellet grill up at the camper.

20190526_171651.jpg

Need some more specifics on this.... never done a boil, but may be a fun way to spend an afternoon. 

10 hours ago, rl_sd said:

Need some more specifics on this.... never done a boil, but may be a fun way to spend an afternoon. 

For years I've been doing this recipe from Old Bay HSOforum in my turkey pot while camping.....https://www.mccormick.com/old-bay/recipes/main-dishes/the-original-old-bay-shrimp-boil-shrimp-fest

The only thing I change is I add cooked chicken when I add the sausage and I usually add some cayan pepper depending on the crowd eating. 

The difference this time is instead of boiling in a pot I just put all the ingredients in 2 foil covered aluminum pans (only because I didn't have one large pan handy) and a half bottle of beer in each one for liquid. I put the whole thing on the grill at about 400 degrees for almost 1 hour. I think the recipe I used said 45 minutes but the potatoes didn't seem quite done yet so I  waited another 10-15 minutes before eating. 

I always season again with some more old bay and some cajun spice on the plate. I thought it was better this way than boiled and much easier. I thought the shrimp would be overcooked and considered waiting to put them in until the last 15 minutes or so but I thought they turned out perfect this way so I will continue to do it this way.

On 6/4/2019 at 8:23 AM, Big Dave2 said:

For years I've been doing this recipe from Old Bay HSOforum in my turkey pot while camping.....https://www.mccormick.com/old-bay/recipes/main-dishes/the-original-old-bay-shrimp-boil-shrimp-fest

The only thing I change is I add cooked chicken when I add the sausage and I usually add some cayan pepper depending on the crowd eating. 

The difference this time is instead of boiling in a pot I just put all the ingredients in 2 foil covered aluminum pans (only because I didn't have one large pan handy) and a half bottle of beer in each one for liquid. I put the whole thing on the grill at about 400 degrees for almost 1 hour. I think the recipe I used said 45 minutes but the potatoes didn't seem quite done yet so I  waited another 10-15 minutes before eating. 

I always season again with some more old bay and some cajun spice on the plate. I thought it was better this way than boiled and much easier. I thought the shrimp would be overcooked and considered waiting to put them in until the last 15 minutes or so but I thought they turned out perfect this way so I will continue to do it this way.

I assume that that you are covering with foil? Also, what count shrimp have you been using?

Edited by rl_sd

1 hour ago, bobberineyes said:

Skewer night, the Mrs  marinated a  pork loin with pineapple,  peppers and onion. For backup thought I'd do some slyvee shrimp as well, just in case ya know.  But dang she did good..

20190609_175714_resized.jpg

you and da misses at ALL that by yourselves????? :crazy:no wonder she buts you on a diet so often!!!!!!!:grin:

12 hours ago, rl_sd said:

I assume that that you are covering with foil? Also, what count shrimp have you been using?

Yes, cover tightly with foil. 

I'm not sure about the shrimp, my wife usually picks those up at the store whenever they are on sale.