• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's on the grill

2 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

What do you mean by unprocessed? Just killed and halved? The only reason I could think would be that they would have a half hog to get rid of all the cuts. Or did they give you a different reason?

I feel like it's implied they have been killed if they have been halved.

Carry on.

8 hours ago, snagfinder said:

Ya just cut in half. Used to order and it would take about a month I suppose so they could sell the other half first. They said they couldn't get any.

I'll check into it and see what I can do. They have actually been getting most of their pork from a farmer in Gaylord who feeds the pigs a specialty diet of all natural feeds but he charges more. Not sure if that's something you would want or not. They haven't been working with any other local producers lately so that might be an issue as well.

hey Dave,

25 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

I'll check into it and see what I can do. They have actually been getting most of their pork from a farmer in Gaylord who feeds the pigs a specialty diet of all natural feeds but he charges more. Not sure if that's something you would want or not. They haven't been working with any other local producers lately so that might be an issue as well.

is that the one where they were selling their pork products at the farmers markets and such???  

25 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

hey Dave,

is that the one where they were selling their pork products at the farmers markets and such???  

Yes. You might remember Dan?

I have to say, I think their pork is different than store bought. Much better and more tender. 

What Makes us Unique?

We are one of the very few companies that still offer all-natural meat products. This means that we do not feed antibiotics to our animals or alter them with growth hormones. Our recent work with flavor-based genetics (Duroc) gives our meat that perfect marbling, making our meat products tender and tasty, while remaining lean and healthy.

If you compare our bacon to competitors you will see the difference by noticing how much longer our bacon grease remains liquid. This is due to the fact that our fat is lower in saturated fat and higher in unsaturated fat. Our unique feed program incorporates soybean oil and fish oil to a one-of-a-kind feed mix that gives our pork Omega 3 Fatty Acids. Omega 3 stimulates blood circulation, reducing clots, and has been shown to reduce blood pressure.

Thanks to our feed program, we are proud to offer a product that is both great tasting and healthier!

• No Antibiotics Fed    • No Growth Hormones    • Lower in Saturated Fat    

• Higher in Unsaturated Fat     • Uniquely Contains Omega 3 Fatty Acids

Edited by Big Dave2

On 4/10/2020 at 10:01 AM, snagfinder said:

That is the name. The kid lives right next to me and the trailer says Tollifson Family Grill on it.

Yep, that's Dan's son Ricky's house. Do you live in the rambler next door (to the south) with the walk-out basement door that faces north? If so, I lived in that house about 30 years ago.

Edited by Big Dave2

On 4/7/2020 at 9:58 AM, snagfinder said:

You should ask if they will sell unprocessed half hogs again yet. I tried this winter and it was a no go. Sucked having to go else where since the are only like 3 blocks from me.

Let me know when you need a half hog, I may be able to help.

22 hours ago, Grainbelt said:

I am liking these lotsa motsa pizzas on the charcoal grill. They taste great.

20200417_181631.jpg

Just curious, is there a specific reason for placing the pizza on the aluminum tray and then on the stone? I would personally place the pizza directly on the stone. Makes a nice crispy crust.