• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's on the grill

1 hour ago, Mike89 said:

was 45 minutes enough for a smoke flavor??  looks darn good!!! 

On my pellet grill the smoke setting is right around 180. I thought they’d need more time in smoke but checked them after 45 minutes and they were around 130 so I cranked the temp to try get the skin crisped up. I really didn’t want to do the wings and thighs at the same time but that’s how it ended up working out. I have never cooked wings and I thought they turned out alright. Everything had a good smoke flavor and was juicy. Next time I may smoke them on my Bradley and then transfer to the pellet grill. The smoker does a much better job smoking then the pellet grill in my opinion. 

19 hours ago, smurfy said:

Dang you eat well boober!!; Does the wife reward you for that fabulous cooking.??

I get chased from time to time ? 

6 hours ago, rl_sd said:

Looks like that top grate has some miles on it!

That old grill could use some new grates,  I know they quit making it years ago but I should look to see if any are available.  The top grate has been a great tool.. That's the thing about charcoal grills, the last along time!!

2 hours ago, smurfy said:

WOW that looks nummy. I need to get this friggin new phone figgered out to post pictures!!!!!!!??

It was real good. I added some horseradish and BBQ sauce mixed together to dip it in. Pork loin sandwiches tonight for supper.

Maybe Mrs. Smurfy could help you out with the phone.

Edited by chaffmj

43 minutes ago, bobberineyes said:

Great job on the loin chaff, looks super juicy.  Did you inject it or anything?

No injection. They have some fat layers that keep it juicy. I did season it with montreal steak and garlic powder.  

3 minutes ago, chaffmj said:

No injection. They have some fat layers that keep it juicy. I did season it with montreal steak and garlic powder.  

generally speaking most pork loins now days are pre injected..  and that is some thing most people do not realize....  I'm not saying yours was..