• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's on the grill

That looks delish @Smurfy, I had the same idea last Saturday evening, we had corn on the cob instead of asparagus. 

We have been eating most of our asparagus raw before it has a chance to get in the pan. Never tried it raw before this season. It's quite tasty just snap it off in the garden and eat it, it's crisp and tender and has a pea pod taste. You still get the aroma. ?

Edited by Grainbelt

3 hours ago, Grainbelt said:

That looks delish @Smurfy, I had the same idea last Saturday evening, we had corn on the cob instead of asparagus. 

We have been eating most of our asparagus raw before it has a chance to get in the pan. Never tried it raw before this season. It's quite tasty just snap it off in the garden and eat it, it's crisp and tender and has a pea pod taste. You still get the aroma. ?

thanks. yea I like asparagus raw also. or its gotta be cooked fresh on the grill. pickled asparagus is good too!!!!!!

On 6/17/2019 at 8:59 AM, rl_sd said:

Shoutout to @Big Dave2 for the shrimp boil instructions. It turned out perfectly and everyone loved it. Had to throw together a few kabobs for the kiddos as well. 

5F74D615-D11A-4FD3-82F0-5C80C8195698.thumb.jpeg.89b8d46c2f34c6052d6f45abc554ce8a.jpeg

D66BDD6C-4A1B-4F55-9574-33FBC7968C4D.thumb.jpeg.2d55d8708e9e17787aed6eda0d4f6377.jpeg

I've been informed that I'll be making this again this weekend up at the camper for some friends that will be joining us.

On 6/18/2019 at 10:34 AM, Big Dave2 said:

I've been informed that I'll be making this again this weekend up at the camper for some friends that will be joining us.

Yep, it was good again.

dont have any pictures for ya but usually corn still with the husk on with a red pepper flake,butter,minced onion, a splash of honey. 

pork chops, usually try to cook an 7-8lb chicken a week, dont ask i get em from a buddy who raises them. can usually get a few meals out of em. 

drumsticks but i cant seem to get them not to be so chewy. ill post some pics soon

2 hours ago, vaportrail said:

dont have any pictures for ya but usually corn still with the husk on with a red pepper flake,butter,minced onion, a splash of honey. 

pork chops, usually try to cook an 7-8lb chicken a week, dont ask i get em from a buddy who raises them. can usually get a few meals out of em. 

drumsticks but i cant seem to get them not to be so chewy. ill post some pics soon

vapertrail, Welcome to the forum. 

Do you peel back the husk then put on the red pepper flake, butter, minced onion, a splash of honey and pull it back up before grilling?  Or how does all the wonderfulness get into the corn? ?

2 hours ago, leech~~ said:

vapertrail, Welcome to the forum. 

Do you peel back the husk then put on the red pepper flake, butter, minced onion, a splash of honey and pull it back up before grilling?  Or how does all the wonderfulness get into the corn? ?

you got it soak in water peel back husk put that goodness on the kernels put husk back over corn grill maybe 7-10 min delicious. put the grill on low  otherwise you may light them up youll know by the smoke?

Edited by vaportrail

23 hours ago, smurfy said:

Did a bath come with it???

9 hours ago, bobberineyes said:

This must stem from nextdoor.... then nope.

I am still confused but now I'm not so sure I want to know.

9 hours ago, leech~~ said:

What's the BBQ stuff playing peekaboo behind the water glass there? ?

long story, but just for you leech!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: not sure if you remember but roughly 4 years ago i posted a picture of a gallon jug of this BBQ sauce called sweet and smoky. best BBQ sauce i ever tasted. so i bought a gallon jug. come to find out its only sold in gallon jugs.

there a place about a mile east of deer river called Orty's meat market, thats where i found it. when i ran out  i went back and he didnt have it anymore. he said since it only came in gallon jugs and he couldnt sell much of it so he concocted this stuff. its not quite the same but pretty darn close. at the time he only had an original, now he has 4 flavors. that sizzlin has a nice kick to it.

the bottle says its distributed by Sven's in north branch, and as long as i am able to go to the cabin, this is the only BBQ sauce for me, it doesnt taste to sugary. sell for 5.99 a bottle.

21 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

So what is the name on the bottle in case Google needs to happen?  ?

....And how long has it been since you were at the "Lady Luck" in Vegas? I see you're taking your pants off at the dinner table again ?

9 minutes ago, rl_sd said:

....And how long has it been since you were at the "Lady Luck" in Vegas? I see you're taking your pants off at the dinner table again ?

I was in Vegas last year and had a matter of fact, I'll be going back again on Monday. Work related. No way would I go there on my own.

Regarding the pants, I like to keep things interesting and up to the viewers imagination.

1 hour ago, rl_sd said:

rl-sd are you drinking before lunch again? ? You replied to me but that wasn't my picture! ?