• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2012 HSO Photo Contest- Archery Pics only please

Scoot

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

full-8800-27623-p1060279.jpg

Holding up to my end of the bargain M&M. My monster from a few years back. Ya, it wasn't that big but a great time it was. Sat for about an hour took a few pics of this one on hoof and then tagged it 10 minutes later. Got home and took a little grief from my wife until she had the loins for breakfast. The way I see it, you have to catch allot of fish to even equal the weight of meat you have there. Price of meat these day's could not buy what you have there for $15.00.

As stated here before... a successful hunt is different for all of us. And for some of us it changes as we mature into this great opportunity.

Glad to see you posted your pic.

Great post, CC! I couldn't agree more and I'm glad the pics are posted. Not every deer I've shot was a 30 pointer (OK, none of them were...), but I took no shame in shooting them. Like you said- they sure taste good!!!

Hi All! Just a quick reminder that if you've got pictures to post, be sure to get them up soon. The contest is coming to a close at the end of Dec. Once Jan 1 rolls around, no more pics can be entered and we'll get to work judging the pictures and getting prizes out after that.

Cool fawn pics, I've shot lots of them, but I still give a guy grief when he shoots a really small one. I did it with the rifle this year. It's more like how were we not able to see how small that one was, I don't know. Um, darn that's tasty.

Here's my photo submissions for this year. Only 1 harvest pic as archery antleope and deer didn't work out for me this fall. cry

May 2012, MN. 1st Turkey!

0066ct.jpg

Spring 2012 Stump Shoot w/ my brother and dad.

img0200mf.jpg

May 2012 MN bowfishing.

bowfish.jpg

Bowhunter sunset, MN Oct. 2012

img0717rs.jpg

Brian

I had a great time this season scouting new areas and logging hours in the field. On two occassions, I had the fortune of seeing trophy bucks but they never presented a shot. My wife and daughter enjoy venison too so with the season winding down I harvested a nice mature doe. 12.26.12

122612_arrow_zps664bf3c8.jpg

122612_Deer.jpg

Thanks to all who submitted a picture. We're not taking any more entries at this point and the judging has started. I don't have a timeline for when it'll be complete and when final decisions have been made, but as soon as it's done, I'll let you know who the winners are and what the final prizes are.

Judging is wrapping up pretty quickly. However, I've got a bunch going on at work and my mom is having some health problems. I'll get the prizes and recipients all figured out as soon as I can, but it may take a few days for me to get my ducks in a row. Sorry for the hold up- nothing I can do about it right now. Hopefully early next week I'll get it all dealt with and announce the winners and prizes.