• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walking Dead

JBMasterAngler

I guess for me this was about what I expected in this episode. We now know the whereabouts of the other half. We know there is a new "community" of sorts and we'll see where that goes. The show had a few flaws, per usual, but you know what? I still enjoy it more than most anything else I watch. I just hope we start going somewhere plot-wise next week, and it's shaping up to do that.

Couple thoughts, did anyone else pick up Maggie's hardcore British accent during her first few lines? She does a great job of masking it usually, but it was loud and clear for her first speaking part.

And if I could find it I'd post the pic, but tell me the military guy at the end with the red crew cut wasn't just a fat Justin Morneau. You can't do it... You'll never see his character the same now. smile

Carol has Tyrese and the baby. Rick has Michonne. Could Daryl be the balance player in a power struggle? Or does Carol saving the baby get her in good graces with Rick to combine forces against the hinted new threat? Be interseting to see how well they play out the trump card Rick holds over Carol.

Better than last week but I still don't get why more people don't simply mimic Daryl's actions in order to survive. Quiet weapon, re-use and conserve bolts, knife knife knife, and don't talk when you don't need to. Regroup and get move forward, please.

New guy looks to be military, nice change of pace. Hope he is a good guy that doesn't get killed for once in this show. Also, I think we can safely assume who was playing animal surgeon back in the prism. That girl needs some couch time with a therapist.

Not a bad episode tonight but a lot of plot holes.

When carl and michone left, Rick barricaded the door with the couch. So presumably its the only way in or out. 4 or 5 guys get in....how? If they came via front door...wouldn't you think the thought would be hey why is this couch like this?

We passed the bus 3 hours ago she said to Glen. So at a conservative 30 mph thats 90 miles glen intends to walk? Huey lewis is right, thats the power of love. Sure hes going to grab a car is logical but not implied.

Rosita is a cutie, been on the road for how long? And steps out looking all fine.

Half dead from flu glen goes toe to toe with that guy and holds his own?

Love the show and im a bit cynical, i get its sci fi, but give us some realism to it.

Oh and the savior of the world has a mullet. God help us

...Glen wont die until Maggie gets to watch, and it will be horrible, but that is far off.

Hey Buck, I don't know if you are serious or not, but if that is a spoiler from the comic I ask that you try not to put them up again. Thanks. If that is just a guess, then I apologize.

So we have 2 groups walking the tracks, and another group walking back to "the bus". All I have to say to Glen is "use your words." I did the same 3 hours calc and was thinking around 100 miles, too. That about a week of walking with no food. Good Luck.

I would rather see faster progress leading to all of them reuniting. I could write 4 paragraphs on internal complaints, but I have to come to terms with the inconsistencies and try to enjoy the show. This was a better episode and I hope to see them move forward more in this fashion. Next episode looks to be the same, but with more Daryl M.F.ing Dixon. Always a good thing, I am looking forward to a Daryl/Carol reuniting scene. Might get mushy!

NOt a fan of the last few episodes... HAve been a WD fan from the beginning but this is getting bad... they go weeks/months without any contact in the prison and now they run into multiple other groups (Group on the tracks- Abraham group- marauders in the house) of people separately???? Starting to lose me...

A coworker pointed out an obvious flaw also, unless it gets revisited later, the guy who got choked out but saw Rick and died didnt convert. Unless there is something i missed, seems other characters who die off turn in less than say ten minutes but that one didn't.

Theres always a clunker or two but that episode just caught me more, maybe some things will come, i dont know.

Also, I'm hoping sanctuary has the radio station that Daryl and all heard, that still has not been revisited

I don't think that guy died. I swear they showed him take some breaths. I'm assuming the walker they might've been shooting at in the end was the guy that Rick choked out.

Anyway, it seems that with every episode things become more and more unrealistic. Glen fighting that guy for example.

Hearing "dr. mullet" say (with a straight face, mind you) I'm smarter than you, right after shooting a hole in the gas tank of their truck was a little hard to stomach.

Not a bad episode tonight but a lot of plot holes.

When carl and michone left, Rick barricaded the door with the couch. So presumably its the only way in or out. 4 or 5 guys get in....how? If they came via front door...wouldn't you think the thought would be hey why is this couch like this?

We passed the bus 3 hours ago she said to Glen. So at a conservative 30 mph thats 90 miles glen intends to walk? Huey lewis is right, thats the power of love. Sure hes going to grab a car is logical but not implied.

Rosita is a cutie, been on the road for how long? And steps out looking all fine.

Half dead from flu glen goes toe to toe with that guy and holds his own?

Love the show and im a bit cynical, i get its sci fi, but give us some realism to it.

Oh and the savior of the world has a mullet. God help us

Yup. You nailed basically every problem I had with this Eps. Especially irking was that a half dead Glen still got his licks in on Fat Red Justin Morneau. And the "smart" mullet guy who somehow has survived with this group of commandos but still can't fire a gun remotely straight (unless it's straight into a fuel tank).

I love me some Daryl M.F.ing Dixon, but that was a bit much. Beth needs a drink? I think I need a drink after that hour of slogging along in an effort to get her buzzed.

"Meanwhile, back at the railroad tracks, the bulk of the group walks towards an unknown salvation, while a smaller group backtracks a hundred miles..."

I might just record the rest of this season and binge watch at the finale.

It wasn't a terrible episode. But the whole wild goose chase just to find a drink was pretty stupid! They could've done this episode without the booze part.

This was my biggest problem with the episode…you have Beth, this little petite teenager that admitted to never having a drink before. Darryl offers her some moonshine. She drinks it and her reaction? "this is the grossest stuff I've ever tasted!" Are you kidding me?!?!?! She would have been on the floor gagging from the burn! And then she goes on for the rest of the show drinking it…she would'e been passed out drunk!

Also, Darryl said he had found this place with Michone while they were still at the prison. Why wouldn't they have taken that moonshine back to the prison for medical/cleaning purposes?

I totally agree with all of the moonshine comments. This show is one or two steps short of jumping the shark IMO. I gave up on Sons of Anarchy. I hope I don't have to do the same thing with Walking Dead.

it was a filler episode and filled in on the history of Daryl. Last season there was that episode about what Daryl was before it happened, well we found out he was a drifter or a hanger on with Merle.

Minimal action though I agree, I wish that instead of an episode like that the producers would do a little pre-zombie history on the characters, like LOST did. Or even a little glimpse into when/how it started and what went down, just a little teaser.

There are only 4 left for the season so you have to assume its going to pick up then we have 7 long months

I wish that instead of an episode like that the producers would do a little pre-zombie history on the characters, like LOST did. Or even a little glimpse into when/how it started and what went down, just a little teaser.

Now there's an idea I could get behind. The difference between writing and writing well is showing and not telling. If they are going to use this season to play with character back stories, which (for better or worse), it seems they are, then do it creatively. Use some flashbacks and backstory instead of long, boring monologues that just eat the time away. I still look forward to this show more than any other, but we are "searching for Sophia" again in so many ways this season...

Yes, that would be cool, even something like one of the characters watching TV and a breaking news like thing happen, just little flashback pieces. I get it would cross into the LOST story idea but, if you're like me, I still want to know how or what happened. Is it world wide or just a US event. Have to assume its worldwide. Where was ground zero or whatever you want to call it.

And I still ask, when is the radio transmission that Daryl heard going to be revisited?

I'm with PikeStabber, I still wait all week for Sunday nights for this show though

Three episodes left and the next one appears to be circling back to Tyreese and the psycho kids.

picardicon.gif

I have to wonder that if someone was tuning in for the first time they would be asking themselves what all the hype was about with this show.