• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walking Dead

JBMasterAngler

Too intelligent of talk there McGurk, but a very good point.

The Governor reminds me at this point of JR Ewing from Dallas, month after month, season after season he would just be so evil, then something would happen, and for just a bit he'd be softer and make you like him then boom just be more evil and ruthless than ever before. Wrestling fans a bit similar to Ric Flair in his prime, you want to cheer for him and he lulled you in then pulled off the dirtiest trick in the book and the baby face all the fans love.

I see the Governor doing this, a few episodes showing a softer side of him, but when it would come down to it, he will still try and rip out both of Michone's eyes and make her suffer, take out Rick and Daryl. The Gov needs to lead not be a follower. I don't think he is going to harm this small group of gals though.

As for the Dad and the O2 totally a lapse in the story, the only possible way to explain it, which they didn't, is that the need for oxygen recently started prior to the Gov's arrival.

As for the prison group, I think we're at a point similar to LOST, where there are some flash back parts to get us caught up on the governor's time. Present time had us seeing him outside the gates, but we have to flash back to find out what happened to bring him to that point. So the reveal to Darryl is going to have to wait another episode I feel.

I know some people don't like these sidestep episodes, and I know they are required by the network for contract reasons, but I think the last two weeks were great. They seamlessly lead up to the prison scene where we first saw the governor reappear a few weeks back, and so to me, that was just the right amount of back-story to loathe, then tolerate, then like, then loathe the governor again and understand what he's been up to. He has that fatherly compassionate side, but he was primarily born to lead, and to do so ruthlessly and at all costs necessary. Early in last night's episode when his old soldier said "I'm in charge now," you already knew he had sealed his fate...

And watching talking dead made it even better! I think it raises even more questions as to what will happen based on seeing him looking over the prison. My theory, he dropped off the 3 girls and it was kinda' his way of saying goodbye.

I'm just caught up after deer season. The last couple episodes certainly were interesting. I wonder if Brian Herriot is ticked the Governor stole his identity. Apparently Life Lock doesn't work in the zombie apocalypse.

I have a bad feeling Herchel is gone. Maybe that's what the previews want you to believe though. I just hope Daryl survives.

Another Safe haven falls to the dead, this time becasue of the living were unable to make it work out. What a waste of that location... But was a great episode. I will miss Herschel... and now who is the antagonist toward the group without the Gov... My guess is the group that raided that camp whent eh gov and mitch were out scouting for supplies. That has to be something.

The fences were failing anyway and it didn't seem like they knew how to reinforce them or had the means to do so. I think it was just a matter of time before they were forced out by the walkers anyway.

It was interesting to note that Tyreese was saved by the girls who were taught how to use knives/guns by Carol...the same person that killed his GF a few episodes earlier.

Speaking of Carol, Daryl didn't seem all that upset she got sent packing. More points scored by Daryl in my book.

I liked at the end where the King from the chess set with the penciled-on eye patch was planted into the ground by someone's boot.

cool

The previews have the group on the run. That will allow for random atigonists every episodes.

It should be fun to see how they reunite. I would think they would have a pre-determined rendezvous spot incase of emergency. Now how will they get there.

Some are on the bus. Some are on foot. The kids when a different direction. Did Tyreese follow them to get them going the pointed in the right direction? Also, Tyreese's comment about them going the wrong way suggests that they do have destination in mind.

Given the gruesome and brutal endings that they are giving to long term characters, I'm thinking we have not seen the last of Carol.

About the only family that we know is together is Rick and Carl. Did they show us where Daryl went? Maggie and Glen are separated. Did we see if Maggie found her sister? That could be a three way split.

Tyrese' sister left without him. And she has a think for the drunk medic? I guess there aren't many to chose from.

Where did Michonne end up?

I'm looking forward to February.

Not that the episode was bad, but I was still left disappointed. I thought the governor's death could've been much better! I thought the battle could've been better. And I was a little upset that only Hershel died.

I think Tyreese has the baby and the kids, and he will come across Carol, and they are going to team up. Him never knowing what she did, of course. Will the governor's girlfriend and her lesbian sister still be apart of the story?

Did they show us where Daryl went? Maggie and Glen are separated. Did we see if Maggie found her sister? That could be a three way split.

Tyrese' sister left without him. And she has a think for the drunk medic? I guess there aren't many to chose from.

Where did Michonne end up?

Daryl and Maggie's sister left together.

We still don't know who was feeding the rats to the walkers through the fence.

That had to be one of the greatest episode ever. Wow, the last half i was screaming at the tv. It started when the gov killed Herschel.

That loss didn't make sense in one way, he wanted michone for revenge why not kill her? But taking out Herschel makes him more evil and rooting for his death.

And wow on Herschel too, none of us will ever forget his death, that was powerful.

Loved those two girls taking out the two after ty, again im screamingthat they shoot.

I can only iimagine that there was a pre determined place to go, its just for all them to get there.

So for us, me included, who thought it was a slow start it was but it took us to this point. Going to be a long ten weeks now.

With the excitement of it all i cant say who went where or how except carl and rick on foot.

Talking dead didnt RIP baby Judith like other losses so who knows.

The Gov deserved to die just so I didn't have to watch him shoot as a righty with a right eye patch while somehow remaining deadly accurate. I know it's a show where zombies walk the earth and no one ever misses a shot period but it still bugged me. It's especially annoying when he shoots a rifle.

the-governor-killed-300x212.jpg

I've been in and out of the marathon this week but made a point to watch my favorite episode: Episode 13 "Pretty Much Dead Already", a.k.a. Barnageddon. The barn scene is the best of the entire series, IMO. So awesome.

2011-11-28_050104-600x340.jpg

Another marathon is in progress. Episode 13 is up at 9pm. smile

My wife is finally hooked on this and we binge watched seasons one and two. It's been a treat to rewatch all the episodes again. Especially to see the changes and pick up on missed points.

The biggest change between seasons one and two was season two implemented the rule that walkers can't climb. Walkers were climbing in season one. The scene where Glen and Rick run for the dock truck when they escape the mall in Atlanta. Rick and Glen jump a fence into a construction zone and Rick picks off walkers as they climbed the fence behind them.

I was really surprised how well season two flowed without the week between episodes. I almost wonder if they edited S2 after airing to make them flow better because I only counted two episodes with more than one scene of cutting vegetables.

Looking forward to digging into season three this weekend. Already DVR'd the first half of S4 so we can be caught back up by mid February.

One thing I thought about, and can't believe I never thought of this before in all the years I've watched zombie movies. How do the walkers have the concept of walking up or down stairs? As granted as we would take something like that, using stairs does require a little more know how than just walking.