• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walking Dead

JBMasterAngler

New season starts this sunday... Each night this week AMC is playing all of the episodes in order leading up to it. I like the tone set at the beginning of last season, dealt with the middle, and really liked where they left off in the finale.

I still get a kick out of them just straggling to get along, and that they haven't found out how to seal off the prison effectively yet. The whole thing is walls, doors, and keyed passage, but they can't close it up. A lone prisoner outcast was able to fire up the generator but they killed him and can't restart it as a group. Walkers are attracted to sound yet they can't lure them away from a quiet prison. The Gov set up noise trap pits and they saw them, but they won't implement themselves? Rick saw a single man set up in the old town with traps designed and made BY HIMSELF survive in the open, but they don't use those same safeguards in their own razor-wire lined prison.

EVOLVE AND SURVIVE.

-Silent weapons with extra ammo.

-Lock down your house. Confirm that it is locked-down. Check it again, just because...

-Employ near-silent transportation (Looking at you, Daryl...)

-Always have a flashlight, backup batteries, and a backup flashlight. And backup-backup batteries

-Don't wander off (I think Carl learned to wander from Rick).

-Always have a buddy to watch your back.

-Keep a fresh zombie-hide suit around and wear as needed to conceal your "alive-ness."

New season starts this sunday... Each night this week AMC is playing all of the episodes in order leading up to it. I like the tone set at the beginning of last season, dealt with the middle, and really liked where they left off in the finale.

I still get a kick out of them just straggling to get along, and that they haven't found out how to seal off the prison effectively yet. The whole thing is walls, doors, and keyed passage, but they can't close it up. A lone prisoner outcast was able to fire up the generator but they killed him and can't restart it as a group. Walkers are attracted to sound yet they can't lure them away from a quiet prison. The Gov set up noise trap pits and they saw them, but they won't implement themselves? Rick saw a single man set up in the old town with traps designed and made BY HIMSELF survive in the open, but they don't use those same safeguards in their own razor-wire lined prison.

EVOLVE AND SURVIVE.

-Silent weapons with extra ammo.

-Lock down your house. Confirm that it is locked-down. Check it again, just because...

-Employ near-silent transportation (Looking at you, Daryl...)

-Always have a flashlight, backup batteries, and a backup flashlight. And backup-backup batteries

-Don't wander off (I think Carl learned to wander from Rick).

-Always have a buddy to watch your back.

-Keep a fresh zombie-hide suit around and wear as needed to conceal your "alive-ness."

Oh you just make it sounds sooo easy. LOL wink I always laugh when Daryl fired up that bike but uses a crossbow.

I've been in and out of the marathon this week but made a point to watch my favorite episode: Episode 13 "Pretty Much Dead Already", a.k.a. Barnageddon. The barn scene is the best of the entire series, IMO. So awesome.

2011-11-28_050104-600x340.jpg

I'm confused as to why they bused all the people from woodbury to the prison, when it would have been smarter to relocate to woodbury. Based on the previews, doesn't look like it was a good idea. I predict the premiere will be the highest rated cable tv show ever (breaking it's own record from last season)!

Lots of changes in the off season.

A new passive Rick, that is still shutting out reality

A 'counsel', and Rick isn't part of it

Carl was upset that Carol was teaching kids to defend themselves? That's not Carl.

I don't think Beth will be singing touching campfire songs anymore. Not that Tom Waits songs are generally considered touching but they spun it that way which was kind of fun.

Why do they feel the need to shill comic books in the storyline? I hope that ends quickly.

I hope it's not that because it would say a flu epidemic is as important as a zombie virus. Which would degrade the impact of the main storyline to me.

That said, it's about time someone died in their sleep and turned on them inside the prison.

I was thinking swine flu also, the opening show left me wanting more but I think it had to start that way to re-build the characters, before they are eaten ha ha

Read somewhere that the comic creator helps produce, you die hards would know more than me, but he said that the series will not follow the comic book, for what its worth. I haven't read the comics

My arguments from before were mostly addressed (other than Daryl's chopper) and life seems pretty good. Numbers are up, plans are in place, and Rick is no longer shouldering most of the load due to leadership via a council. Tasks are divvied out, and people work for their stay. I like it. Hard to believe that "Big Spot!" was still that well stocked, though. Maybe they had their own apocalypse plans in place with trucks and stockboys still staying on top of things. Queue up your classic disco station: "It's Raining Dead! Hallelujah, It's Raining Dead!"

With a couple of young kids myself, I was really not enjoying the Rick/ survivor mother story arc. I had wondered about that aspect before, and was glad they tip-toed around it. I have questions about that whole deal, but then again I really don't want the answers... She may have made a great surrogate mother for Rick's daughter if she could have been un-crazied a bit.

Buddy Holly kid is gonna have a heck of an impact on the group... He was shaking Daryl's finger-licking-good hand, cooking for the group, hanging out with the kids, and drinking from communal water. Not good... Rick locked eyes with a walker at the beginning and the end that looked a little too much like BH kid at the end. Also, the pigs.

My arguments from before were mostly addressed (other than Daryl's chopper) and life seems pretty good. Numbers are up, plans are in place, and Rick is no longer shouldering most of the load due to leadership via a council. Tasks are divvied out, and people work for their stay. I like it.

Right, it's too cozy. So they need an antagonist to create chaos, but a virus on top of a virus? It smells of boredom and lazy writing.

The good news is that we don't feel like we missed anything during the off season like we did during the last off season.

I was surprised at the slow pace of this season opener. Compared to last years season opener it was a snorefest. I will cut them slack though, they need slow build up episodes before a crescendo.

I kept wondering what was going to become of Rick and the black widow and it was nothing. I half expect that she reappears later this season but that was a lot of screen time on a story that went nowhere.

There is the thought that it was a vision but previous visions were conspicuous for the viewer. The three questions segment was dramatic but I don't see the point.

If it ends up being a virus on top of a virus then I may skip this season. Like I skipped American Horror Story's second season. That was a train wreck and I'm looking forward to a do-over in season three of AHS.

Right, it's too cozy. So they need an antagonist to create chaos, but a virus on top of a virus? It smells of boredom and lazy writing.

The good news is that we don't feel like we missed anything during the off season like we did during the last off season.

I was surprised at the slow pace of this season opener. Compared to last years season opener it was a snorefest. I will cut them slack though, they need slow build up episodes before a crescendo.

I kept wondering what was going to become of Rick and the black widow and it was nothing. I half expect that she reappears later this season but that was a lot of screen time on a story that went nowhere.

There is the thought that it was a vision but previous visions were conspicuous for the viewer. The three questions segment was dramatic but I don't see the point.

If it ends up being a virus on top of a virus then I may skip this season. Like I skipped American Horror Story's second season. That was a train wreck and I'm looking forward to a do-over in season three of AHS.

I disagree. I think the virus on top of a virus is a valid story line. It's a reminder that the rest of the world/environment is still functioning. Why wouldn't there be an outbreak of something? In fact it would be even more prevalent given the lack of proper sanitation, food storage, potable water, not to mention a huge number of rotting bacteria ridden bodies roaming around.

Exactly.

---------------------------

I would think that Rick has a hunch something isn't right after seeing the dead hog in the woods and now Violet. We'll see how good his new found farmer's instincts are. Ha!

The previews show someone on the inside feeding rats to the walkers through the fence. Does one of the kids miss having the family pet? Lol.

I agree the first episode was a bit of a snoozer, but it did reset the story and set the table for where they are as a group so I was satisfied with it overall.

Yeah, I don't think it was a bad episode at all, but definitely too slow. And rick and the crazy lady was pointless. As far as that store still having supplies, they did mention that "walkers" on the inside acted as guard dogs. However, I still believe no matter what, that store would be completely empty! I mentioned that to my wife as I seen the shelves fully stocked with electronics and what not.

Now that a zombie apocolypse is in full effect, the remaining population has essentially traveled back in time, and is living like they did in the old days. And in the old days, illnesses that are simple now were very fatal then. So I really like how they put this in the story. Perhaps it's the 1st step towards an explanation on the cause of the "walkers"?