• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walking Dead

JBMasterAngler

A dud, really?

I felt like they finally moved the story forward. Probably for the first time since the holiday break.

Showing a power struggle at the prison with the new to the group, Merrill, while the higher ups played poker using lives as chips, including their own.

Rick seems to be back. Calling the Gov's bluff's while dancing a thin line of being cordial and powerful. Plus buying time to decide on the final raise. Time that can be used to prepare.

Sure, they showed a cliff hanger of him debating about handing over Michone but I doubt he'll do it.

I found it intense.

Anything other than Rick putting a bullet in the governor's head right when they locked eyes was unacceptable! Obviously they couldn't do that because it would ruin the story for the next few episodes. So yeah, that laid the ground work for the disappointment that was this episode.

I also think this was one of the better eps in a while, best of the second half for sure. Daryl and rodriguez getting into a pi$$in' contest and sharing a smoke, hershel and milton being intellectual with someone else for once, maggie and glen... well, you know. Rick and the Gov sharing a table was pretty intense, and what wasn't being said was almost more important than what was.

Michonne, Glen, Maggie, and Merle should have been able to make a more convincing case to Rick for offing the Gov than Andrea for a truce. Woodbury would fall apart without some sort of leader, as he himself pointed out. A bullet for the Gov, and an arrow for Rodriguez. Milton would surrender and Andrea would fall right in line.

I felt like they were going out of the way to show the similarities between Rodriguez and Daryl in almost a bonding moment.

Similar with Hershel's twist of, 'you have to buy me a drink first' which brought some nice levity to a tense situation without revealing his sidearm.

Observations from last night:

1. Does Amanda have a GPS tracking chip on her? Funny how the Governor just topped the horizon and drove right towards her in the middle of a random field.

2. The Governor's 1911 has the same unlimited ammo perk as Hershel's shotgun.

3. When the guy who supposedly just died has a vehicle and it's parked right outside, you don't take it?

4. Getting caught within eyesight of the prison was predictable, and as corny as a 2-bit horror movie.

5. Interesting to see that when nervous about the people he leads possibly turning on him, he takes their guns away. (sound familiar?)

Some of those exact thoughts went through my head, too. I bet Andrea is wishing she had taken care of ol' Phillip one of the NUMEROUS TIMES SHE HAD THE CHANCE!!!!!! When she saw Michonne and the Gov after she killed his walker daugher... Or after a good bedding... Or from the vent looking at his creepy kink room... Or anytime she saw him walking down the street before she was disarmed! Andrea is the new Carl; better off without.

I was somewhat disappointed in this episode. However, I do like seeing how people are slowly coming around and beginning to revolt against the governor. I'm quite positive Milton is the one that set the walkers on fire. With only 2 episodes left, the governor doesn't have much time left. Of all the people that hate him, I was torn about who I thought would kill him. I'm actually thinking it'll be Milton now shocked

What an awesome episode! The whole merle/mishone thing was a complete surprise. Merle getting killed didn't surprise me, I just figured it'd be in the finale, and in a much different manner. Glenn's proposal was pretty weak though. Really anxious and excited to see who kills the governor next week!

I was thinking along the same lines as smalliehunter. They flood the prison with walkers, let the Governor attack and then Rick's group will ambush them from the outside after the Governor gets into the prison yard. The Governor's crew will be sandwiched between them. After they take him out they take over Woodbury.

I have a hard time believing Rick's group just drives off into the sunset to avoid the conflict so what else would they do? Hide in the bushes until the Governor sets off for the prison to kill them all, take over Woodbury, and we start all over again but with the parties in opposite corners from where they started? Don't see that happening.

Maybe they do the switcheroo and ambush the Governor with a bunch of Woodbury recruits when he returns from the empty prison? It appears that in the previews the Governor has a bunch of his rookie militia with him, so I'm not sure who'd be left in Woodbury to recruit except for the women and the kid with asthma...and Milton. Good luck with that.

Season ender... not sure I liked how it all went down... Andrea gone, that is ok... where did Governor go if not back to Woodbury? Why take all the dead weight (old and young) back to the prison?

Season 4 predictions... Kathy is now new love interest for Rick.

Govenor will be a terrorist type of guy. Maggie gets knocked up. Carl goes psycho killer (even worse than now). just my guesses...

I thought it went well with a couple exceptions.

First being a poorly executed ambush. Had the Gov's army in a barrel cut off from the outside and nearly everyone escapes?

Why leave the military trucks on the road but bring back the partridge family bus? Really, leave those vehicles and armory outside your gates for someone else to drive up to your door, again?

I'm sure they will get them later but it seemed stupid to leave that loose end.

Finally, the dragging on of Andrea and her final confession. She was a tool for 2/3 of the season, maybe longer but she did it for peace. Pffft. Off with her head. At first I thought my prediction of Milton being a martyr for her escape was going to come true and that made me angry. So losing her was a plus.

At least she did it herself. The scene was too long. While watching her confession I was not thinking about the story or the characters. I was thinking, man this is poorly written.

And come on. The Dr tells you to hurry so you stop to make your final confession? I almost hit fast forward on the DVR.

Otherwise, I liked it. I felt they gave the battle just enough air time. More would have been boring. There was just enough zombie action and plenty of social drama.

I'm sure we haven't heard the last from the Gov.

I thought they left the scene where Carl shot the boy open to interpretation. He didn't draw but he wasn't submitting. Hershel is going to focus on the lack of drawing. That's his game. The lack of submission to the order was also there.

Is Carl going on a tantrum by dropping the badge? Giving in to the dark force?

Tyree is back in the prison. Should be interesting where that goes.

I didn't feel like they left us with a cliff hanger as in previous season ending. Unless I completely missed that.

Had really mixed emotions about this episode. 1st, I'm glad Andrea is finally dead! And yes, they drew it out waaaaay too long! It was a matter of time before the governor snapped like that...but COME ON!!! He shoots down all those people before ANYONE can get 1 shot off on him? And what was up with his 2 henchmen? Talk about an awkward ride home eek

I guess I was disappointed there wasn't more of a showdown between the 2 groups. I do like how woodbury has moved into the prison. I would've liked it more if the show ended with the governor pulling into a ghost town though. Carl is awesome now! He did exactly what was needed, and I'm glad they had him explain it later on. But overall, I was not left wanting more with this finale. They have alot of making up to do next season!

Yes, Rick got his badge back and saved the women and children of Woodbury and now he's not seeing ghosts anymore. Now what? How do you support all of them in that rat hole?

He went from barely letting one person into the group to taking on an entire bus load of takers not makers.

Dumb move.

Carl needs to go next but unfortunately I don't see it happening unless the governor kidnaps him to PO Rick and uses him as bait.

So as the governor is gunning down the whole group of people they all just sit there and wait their turn? Nobody gets a shot off? huh.

To be honest I was disappointed in this season. Go back and watch the 1st season, and see how much better it was.

I would love to see Carl go next, but not gonna happen lol. Can't stand him.

Meh. Decent mid season episode, but hardly season finale grade. No closure on the Gov, poor closure on Andrea, and I think i'll miss milton more. Can't think of one good reason as to why they'd drag all of the woodbury-ites back to the prison vs relocating there with heat, power, water, walls, and housing. Maybe we'll find out next year (if I keep watching).