• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walking Dead

JBMasterAngler

Should be exciting tonight. Talking Dead is going to follow directly after Walking Dead is over too!

Wonder what the "secret that will have everyone buzzing" is? I'm guessing it's the issue with people turning into zombies that haven't been bitten. That should freak the rest of the group out when they find out or Rick tells them.

Any guesses on who doesn't make it to the next season? I'm thinking Hershel just because of the previews where he seems determined to fight it out on the farm while the others try to get away. I also have to wonder if the blonde (Shane's flame) makes it out too.

Well if you were feeling like they didn't do enough zombie damage this season, they made up for it last night! They also cleared out the non essential characters of Herschel's family. On Talking Dead they said that they planned to have Herschel die already but changed their mind... Hooded samarai with walkers on chains??? [PoorWordUsage] and the Prison??? I know comic guys know about all this stuff but I was lost...

Im with you, Carl is awful. I liked how they said on Talking Dead that one of the 3, Morgan, Merle or Duane was gonna make an appearance next season. I think they have to go to the Prison. It could be a good source of food and ammo. So they are all infected. That really doesnt mean anything unless one of them dies. I was hoping Jimmy would live. Rick telling them its his decisions from now on disappointed me, but you have to figure thats what it needs to be. One person making the right choices. Have fun, Georgia friends, I got a lot of fishing to do before you come back.

I was close on Hershel and the blonde getting it. They were a moment away from becoming a zombie snack! Just what is the capacity of that shotgun Hershel has anyway? At least they did show him reload it once after rattling off about 1/2 a box...

It was nice to see Rick step up and take charge and Hershel also made some comments to help reinforce that Rick was now making the decisions. I think he knows that they can't have another Shane/Rick conflict within the group again. Rick knew he could call the bluff of the others in the group who weren't happy and wanted to keep moving. Talk is cheap but money buys whiskey, and they're all broke. In the back of their mind they know they have no chance by themselves or without someone like Rick and it was an easy sell job for him to convince them he was the leader.

I'm not up on the comic series either so the hooded figure (Michonne) didn't get me all excited like it apparently did for others who are familiar with the comic. The prison scenario should be interesting and I wonder how long it'll take before we find out where that helicopter came from or where it was going. Ironic that in this new world the good guys are inside the prison to keep the bad guys out. smile

484572_416698501689647_110475388978628_1

What a finish. I'm afraid this thing is going to go on forever. I just read the comic book won't touch the cause of the outbreak or zombie metabolism so I'm sure there isn't much hope for the show to do the same.

It's a long wait until the fall...

Finally got a chance to watch the finale last night. Wowza. I got my wife hooked on the show (and she may never forgive me). I have a bruise on my left biep from her giving me the death grip through most of the episode.

I thought blondie was a goner. Glad she wasn't though - she's kind of grown on me as a character. Only thing that kind of bugged me was the two people from Hershel's family getting offed. Not because I cared about them, but because I so didn't care, and all of a sudden in the finale they're fairly major parts of the episode. When the guy in the RV got lunched I thought "who the heck is he?" They were the guys in red uniforms from Star Trek that get killed in the 1st 5 minutes of the episode.

I'm kind of curious about samurai chick too. Really want to know the story behind the two armless walkers she apparently has as pets.

Going to be a long wait for next season.

Pretty good way to start the season! I like that they skipped several months and you can see how everyone has evolved into skilled survivalists over that time. Prison takeover was pretty cool. And ARMORED ZOMBIES?!?!?!?! That is awesome! And I suppose we'll see what happens, but in all honesty I probably would have killed those prisoners immediately without a second thought! It looks like they're giving them the chance to leave, but that one guy especially needs an arrow to the head! Good 1st episode.

Allright... Coming into the game late, but after talking to a coworker about the series, and AMC just happening to run a marathon this last weekend, I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm up to the last 3 ep of S2 and have them and the S3 premiere DVR'd and ready to go. Thoughts so far...

1) Rick's big picture mentality will get them all killed one-by-one.

2) Shane, while being close to a loose screw at times, has the right mentality to take care of the pack.

3) Daryl is a total B.A., about as perfect as a survivalist comes,and my favorite character, but would make a horrible leader.

4) If Walkers are attracted to noise, why is there not a single silenced weapon? Also, Daryl drives the LOUDEST cycle on the face of the earth, but he does use a crossbow and the same 3 bolts over and over. Bad idea followed by a good idea.

5) They need to chain Carl to a tree. That kid shows up at the worst possible times!

6) Lori annoys the snot out of me. I'm glad Rick and Shane love her, 'cause I don't.

7) If Walkers ignore Walker guts, I'd have made a wardrobe made up of 3-piece Walker suits, complete with a skull/scalp hat to wear at all times.

8) Why would anyone ever leave the group alone? At night? Unarmed? WTH???

9) This episode brought to you by Gerber and Hyundai.

10) Seriously: Chain Carl to a tree.