• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walking Dead

JBMasterAngler

The biggest change between seasons one and two was season two implemented the rule that walkers can't climb. Walkers were climbing in season one. The scene where Glen and Rick run for the dock truck when they escape the mall in Atlanta. Rick and Glen jump a fence into a construction zone and Rick picks off walkers as they climbed the fence behind them.

My theory on that is the fact that the walkers are rotting and are losing their mobility as time goes on. They aren't walking nearly as fast as they did early on, either.

Oh goody, one whole hour of Michone aimlessly walking around and another episode of Karl in that stupid hat waiting for his testes to drop down. Horrible. That my have been the worst yet.

Agreed. Almost exactly my same thoughts. One more week of the same pacing and i might drop it.

I want to like Karl. I want to see him grow and evolve into a new leader. I want to see him learn from the tragedies he has witnessed, and apply the lessons to his life. I want to see progress from his YEAR of dealing with walkers and seeing what works and doesn't work. I want to see him survive and learn from both the teachings from and mistakes made by his father. I want to see him grow...

Instead, we get this:

ku-medium.gif

Karl trying to get INTO a house, for once...

Tough crowd. It was slow. They can't all be action packed. Still lots of stuff happened. How many flashes per minute does the show need to make people happy.

Carl and Michonne were on similar paths and they showed them resolving their problems in parallel in one episode. Both thought they would be better off on their own. Carl realized he needed help and hit rock bottom when he gave himself up to what he thought might be walker Rick. Michonne skipped following Rick and Carl instead to walk with the walkers where she saw herself. And decided she didn't want to live that way. She destroyed that way of life and returned to the path to join up with Rick and Carl.

Now that is done we can move on with some action.

Are we done? Next week looks like the exact same episode, except with the other characters!

That's kinda what I was thinking too.

I didn't mind last night's episode...it was similar to the Governor episode last year which showed what happened after he was defeated and his men left. This one had some flashbacks of Michonnes's past and helped set the table on the Rick/Carl relationship. It wasn't the most exciting but I suppose you have to have these once in a while.

Are we done? Next week looks like the exact same episode, except with the other characters!

That's what I'm afraid of, they could milk this forever. Like days of our lives. This is my favorite show but in the next few seasons I'm going to need some closure, like they make it to an island, or eradicate the zombies or something. Please don't just milk season after season until it goes off the air. Seinfeld went out on top, you can do walking dead creators.

I think if this episode came out about halfway through this current half season it'd be a little less criticized, but after the fantastic finale at the prison, this was a lame story thread to start a new half season on... I agree that next week will be more of the same, but hopefully with better action and a deeper story starting.

Someone commented this was one of the top 3 or top 5 worst episodes ever, and that's hard to dispute, but you have to remember they took like 8 episodes to find Sophia... Sorry to bring that up again.

No mention of a rendezvous point. Might be due to Rick being sick/injured. Maybe we'll get more on that next episode. Not a terrible episode in my opinion. Not great either. How quickly we forget how slow the first half of this season was until a monster of a wrap up for halftime.

I was wondering about that too...wouldn't you think they designated a rally point if they had to flee the prison? They seemed to have the bus thing all planned out ahead of time so you would hope they had figured on a place to meet up to reorganize.

No mention of a rendezvous point...

If you're looking for logic and consistency, Walking Dead is the wrong show to watch. But, I've learned to live with that. The Pacing is what is starting to get to me. It's like a rollercoaster where the entire track is made of a long, slow, boring climb followed by one drop in the middle, then you stop for 5 minutes, and then there is another tedious slow climb and drop at the end. And then we get to stand in line for another year.

My benchmark show "LOST" had plenty of slow episodes and it's share of issues, too, but the character building episodes were so much better with payoffs at the end for that person. Lots of "Aaahhh, that's why s/he acted that way..." moments, that left me wanting to know more next week. WD just trudges painfully along, with no world building or character payoffs, just day in/day out survival with no lessons learned.

As a fan I was excited for the return but that episode was stupid... I agree that could have been 1 episode and 4-6 survivor groups... but then again they really never expected this(lets ne honest did AMC think WD would be the #1 show...) to take off like this and are probably running out of material for shows at this point...

I didn't hate the show. The opening 5 minutes with a final little tribute to Herschel was cool, the emotions out of Michonne having to finish him, and seeing the Gov with a hole in his head put closure to his character.

Yes, then it became a little dramatic with Carl's emotions finally building up and exploding out especially the Shane reference.

One of the prior posts referenced LOST and WD does resemble it somewhat, where you get a holy carp moment and then it is an after thought for half the season, or not until a following season. What happened to the search for the voice on the radio that Daryl and all heard before piling up that car? That 10 second clip with the voice coming through has gone nowhere. Hasn't been mentioned or brought up since. At least that I can recall.

Tomorrow's looks like the story of the rest of the group where they went.

It seemed like in the mid season finale there was some mention of a location to go to?? I don't really remember, but it doesn't seem that its being referenced either.

are you him brother?