• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walking Dead

JBMasterAngler

The walkers at the fureral home didn't show any signs of slowing down. Forgot to mention Talking Dead last week. Everyone always shows up all cleaned up. Sometimes even hard to see a resemblance to their caracter ie Sasha last night. Last week Daryl shows up and looks like he went from filming the last episode to the couch.

Nice to see some forward movement. I agree with the separate groups timelines in the last few episodes not running true. It was hinted at during the tracking episode at the log with the dead rabbits, and it makes for an interesting "Gotcha!" moment when it comes together.

It has been discussed before about the budget being a large driving factor in how this show progresses, and I can see these last ones being relatively cheap with the limited characters and showpieces. Lots of 1-3 character groups on the tracks or in the woods, and that makes for cheap TV.

And fer-chis-sakes, Daryl: After all you've been through, you still don't peek through the window of a door every time you plan to open it? You were my survival "rock" on this show!

Daryl: After all you've been through, you still don't peek through the window of a door every time you plan to open it? You were my survival "rock" on this show!

You think it'd be muscle memory at this point...look three times, act once, no matter the situation. It made for a cool scene in the funeral home basement, but it never should have happened. That said, I thought this was, on the whole, better than the past few weeks. I think at this point reaching the destination and everyone meeting up will be the end of this story arc, then some jaw-dropping moment in the last 30 seconds that will ensure we'll all be back here talking about this in the fall wink

...Was that a flash back to when they first met Bob?

That was how I read that scene, Bob's first time meeting anyone in Rick's crew. Gave some weight to not wanting to abandon Maggie and hoping Sasha would keep looking for her.

I agree with Mcgurk.

Overall better episode, now we search for another character (beth). Some of the people they meet perfect type cast... Joe the leader of the group that found Daryl looks like a End of the world type of guy! Not sure the actors name but he is perfect.

That's an interesting question about Daryl's group, was it before or after Rick's house invasion?

I have to admit the characters in the same places but different times is a cool idea. I thought that when Daryl got to that fork in the road where he met up with the other gang was in the distance from Maggie and her group. If you noticed, I don't remember the scene but I think it was after Maggie went on her own, Bob and Sasha on the tracks walking, they stopped and had a brief conversation and in the background it looked like the fork where Daryl would be sitting, or sat.

And finally, an acknowledgement from Bob about the radio transmission they heard in the car.

Another thing I noticed and I know its not possible, but during the escape from the funeral home the last walker Daryl killed before seein Beth taken, did anyone else think it resembled Shane slightly?

Really powerful episode... how would impressionable kids handle the end of the world??? Yikes... love how the "fire" was likely the cabin burning from Daryl and Beth, then it sure semms like the same RR tracks they all look to be following.

Thinnng of the herd of characters for next season seems to be the next 2 weeks theme... as Terminus will have a bunch of new characters, I assume, so the existing cast will have to be shrunk due to budgets for the show. They have commented several times that the reason for not showing the same characters every week is tey don't have to pay them as "regulars" and can pay them less. The cost of all the zombie stuff is Huge plus they work outside and not on a soundstage... show must be profitable to stay around. of course it is HUGE right now so $$ is likely not a problem.

This is just an opinion...

TWD beat the Olympics in viewers for that time slot, FWTW.

They ain't hurting for money.

I've been saying the drunk gets taken out before the end of the season and I'm sticking to that. His new GF might even go at the same time just to clean up that story line. They really don't add anything to the show.

I'm glad the psycho twins got the ax in one episode so we don't have to drag that out any further and was kinda hoping that Tyreese would have taken care of Carol for the hat trick. I was so happy when Rick kicked her to the curb but knew that she'd come back like a bad rash. Sure enough...

That was a great episode, while the excitement/action wasn't there, but the drama was intense. Didn't see the shocker from Lizzy, WOW! Ty forgiving Carol was appropriate, its who his character is, meaning he's not a cold blooded killer, he did add that he wouldn't forget though.

Now with all parties, though I don't think its been shown that Rick, Carl and Michonne are traveling the tracks, they all end up in Terminus at various points in time but a short time from one another.

I agree, Bob and the gal are in line to go, a little too much focus on Bob's character lately, kind of like Dale and we know how that ended up.

I think an original has to go too and that would pretty much be either Glen or Carol. I don't think Rick or Carl would yet, and for gosh sakes not Daryl.

Glenn/Maggie...that would be interesting.

Spend an entire season trying to find each other and then one of them is taken out in some fashion after they finally do. High drama.

Isn't Glenn on Talking Dead next week? Hmmmm.

I wish I didn't see something like that coming. Poor kid was showing signs all along (moreso to viewers, but her actions and statements in front of others were disconcerting, too). Tough one to watch, lots of scenes that had me cringing, and they rarely had a walker in them. My wife doesn't watch, but she caught 2 minutes from this episode. I don't know which 2 minutes, but she got pretty worked up about me watching such a horrible show.

Goes to show you that when things get good, you just have to wait for the other shoe to drop. And the better/easier things are, the worse it's gonna be...

Good call on the fire being Daryl and Beth's moonshine cabin, I didn't put that together. Haven't seen a smoking, crispy walker that I can remember.

Pretty good episode. Very troubling ending. Even in a zombie apocalypse, where becoming a more callous person is the norm, I could never bring myself to shoot a little kid in that fashion! I guess I don't know what I would do, but no way could I bring myself to that!

I couldn't pull the trigger. I would have left her to fend for herself and moved on down the road.

the shows history with leaving people behind has never gone well for them... never leave someone unless you are sure they are gone.

That said I still dont know if I could do it... really spooky and thought provoking episode. 1st episode in a while that i thought about after it was over... they needed a powerful one as they had been snoozing lately.

Carol and Tyrese can take some of the blame for what happened. They already knew she was a little cooky, so why did they leave her to watch her sister and the baby? Not that they thought she'd do what she did, but they knew she thinks of walkers as normal people, so how could they think they'd be safe under her watch? Anyway, I'd probably wrap her in duct tape or something, but I couldn't kill a child or abandon them.

Really was a head scratcher of an episode though. This thread is full of "woulda', shoulda', coulda's". Would be hard enough to survive in a zombie apocalypse, but to try and provide for a family at the same time, makes it 100 times harder!

Think that is what the creators are going for, kind of a sense of the world is not what it was anymore. The reality is Lizzy would have killed or caused someone to be killed, but I wouldn't have been able to pull the trigger either.

Will be interested to see what life is like in Terminus

I think what makes it even worse is the fact they knew about terminus, and how it might be a safety zone. I would have at least taken her there.

Speaking of which, been involved in some other chats about walking dead, and the popular rumor is that the smoke they saw was terminus up in flames, instead of the cabin Darryl burned down. Or that the biker gang he's with now run terminus, and use it as a place to mug/kill people that show up looking for safety.