• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vikings vs. Saints NFC Championship Game

fishersofmen

How were the Saints no longer playing for a perfect season when they played the Cowboys? They were 13-0. I don't think they just decided to mail it in when the Cowboys came to town. Also the Saints have the 25th ranked defense in the NFL in total yards given up. I would hardly call that top notch. Everyone knows the Cowboys defense was on an entirely different level (gave up 14pts in their last 3 games) and although what we did to them will not determine the outcome of this game it is a good sign!!

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

The Vikes are underdogs in this contest. That always helps them, especially when they are an elite team like this year.

I think they are good enough and I expect them to win.

New Orleans should keep us worried about the outcome until the final whistle.

I'll be in AZ next Sunday on the yearly visit to my in-laws. Game time down there is 4:40 pm and I know darn well thats exactly when they will want to leave to go out to dinner. I'll end up being the "Bad son-in-law" on our first day there 'cause I'm going to the Glendale arena complex and watch the game at one of the sports bars.

Vikes are the better team... but not on the road. Brees in that dome will be tough. The guy 3 step drops faster than any other QB in the league - it will be tough to get pressure on him unless our downfield coverage is there. If our secondary shows up, the Vikes roll. If not, the Aints roll.

Here are the two players that are going to be the key to the Vikings getting past the Saints.......

#81 and #54

Shancoe had the late touchdown, but other than that he was pretty quiet. If he gets on a roll, it gives the Saints one more weapon that they really need to key on and free up Harvin, Rice and others. If the Saints are going to key on our WR's, the middle should be open for Visante!

Jasper needs to really play the game of his career as well. Aikman pointed it out during the game that he was getting caught up inside too much and not scraping to the outside to stop those edge runs. If he can be there to drop Bush anytime he gets the ball, the Saints become one demensional and those boys up front can turn loose and do what they do best.

I also hope that Winfield is good enough to go. Remember the game he had last year against the Saints? He comes off the corner and slams that running game better than anyone in the game.

I see some of the matchups like this:

Brees vs. Favre Advantage Brees... home crowd, better scheme in my opinion

Peterson/Taylor vs. Bush/Thomas Advantage Peterson/Taylor Bush looked good last week, he even broke a few tackles.. that won't happen again and a few good licks to Thomas' cracked ribs and he'll be slowed down... AP is due to bust a big run and against NO blitz happy defense, that is exactly what will happen

Our DLine vs. their OLine Advantage Our DLine... it is the best in football and I think our DLine will force NO to abandon the run... Too many bad things can happen when you throw it all the time......

In my opinion the Vikes just need to hold their own the first 10 minutes... no big mistakes, don't give NO any big plays. This will help to quiet the crowd and make the game a bit more conservative which benefits us in my opinion...

I love breaking down matchups, but the bottom line is you have to win the turnover battle, you do that and you win!

lets just not forget to say our prayers

Our

Favre-ther, who art in Mississippi, hallowed be thy name. Thy bowl will

come, it will be won, In Miami as it is in the Dome.Give us this

Sunday, our weekly win. Give us touchdown passes, but do not let others

pass against us. Le...ad us not into frustration, but deliver us to the

Super Bow......l. For thine is the MVP, t......he best of the NFC, and the glory of the Purple People Eaters now and forever, AMEN!

Ball control. Ball control. Ball control.

Long drives and keeping their offense off the field. There run defense is weak. Smashmouth football. We will probably give up a big play at some point but their offense is not unstoppable. Our corners need to be physical at the line and knock their receivers off their routes. Their pass patterns are based on timing and we have to throw that off. Our safeties have to keep the receivers in front of them. The dline needs to create immediate pressure. If the defense plays like they did against the cowboys we should handle the saints.

If we give up a big play early and show any sign of panic we will get crushed. I don't want to see a shootout. I'd like to see the Vikings control the tempo of the game.

Totally agree with all the points about the first quarter. If you let a home team get up early and the crowd gets going its going to turn out bad. If we can just stay close in the first half we are in good shape to let the Silver Fox bring us to the promise land.

Da Vikings vil disguise der var ship to look like one of dem yunk barges and vil sail into Vi-easy-anna under der noses like one of dem Trojan horseasses and vil give 'em heck on Sunday. Ya, sure you betcha, that'l verk! Den dey vil party vif non-alcoholic leutefisk margaritas on da vay home. And dey von't let Fred Smoot on der var ship!