• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

List your favorite small town meat markets here

Heidi

We all read the list of our favorite places to eat.

I made a list of places to try. Now, let's hear about

the meat market gems out there and what to buy there.

Today, I had a package of smoked pepperoni and hard salami

shipped to me today from Koshar's Sausage Kitchen out of

Gilbert. They ship your order out, mail you a bill and you

send them a check. Who wouldn't like smoked pepperoni?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're travelling through Minocqua, Wi anytime soon stop by the Lake Tomahawk meat market, the cheesy venison sticks are ungodly amazing, as is the jerky, bought a pound of it the other day on the way back to duluth, it was gone within 20 miles. Hands down the best venison processing I've ever had

Used to stop in a little place on the way up north in Pierz, Minnesota...Theilen's Meats. It's still there. Out of this world THICK smoked bacon and sausages. Word used to be Paul Newman would stop in there on his way to BIR. In SE Minnesota, a little place called Just-rite foods in Rochester, Mn. Imported cheeses, home made sausage, and fantastic cuts of pork and beef.

I have to put a word in for the meat market thats right across the street from me. Ruck's meats in Belle Plaine has some really good garlic summer sausage especially if you like a more smokey flavor like I do. Their beef sticks and jerky are vey good and it's of course the only place I will buy my bacon. If you have ever had the pork burgers at the Scott County fair in the Scott County Pork Producers booth, this is where they come from and they are pig heaven in a bun!