• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crede to Twins?

Dahitman44

the problem with buscher he dosen't hit for any power, which he should for his size. the twins needed a 3B that can hit the dingers and drive in some runs, which they hopefully got with crede. at least we have some depth at 3B now.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crede will be good for the other hitters in our line-up as well. Pitchers have been throwing around Morneau for awhile now and maybe his presence in the line-up will help him out a little. Crede's power #'s are not huge but they do need to be respected. I expect him to have a big year being his contract is so incentive laden. Wish more contracts were structured this way...it would be good for the game. Nice pick-up Twins!!

Nice to hear!!! Twins never go for the big names or power hitters. Crede can play the field and that's what the Twins look for first. HE's a better hitter than anything else they could throw out there with his glove. Saves a player for some other posistion. I like the pick-up-- plus he will play 18-19 times agst his old team, if healthy.

Yopaulypinkfloyd,

I just listened to Sid this morning and he thought it was a GREAT signing. I will have to agree with him. Even if he only puts up his carear average for number he is still ahead of the platoon guys we had and like Zepman said it will make pitches actually pitch to Mauer, Morneau, and other twins hitters cause he can knock them in.

Froggy

This is very painful, especially to see him sign with the Twins. Anyone other than the Twins........

He is my son's, and always will be, favorite player. See the picture to the left.

He just asked me if Joe is still our friend.

NOW MY LIL JIMMY TURNED INTO A TWIN FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delighted they picked up Crede, now let's hope for Cruz too.

This is one of those things. Smith waited, & waited, & waited, to try to get the deals he wanted. Playing chicken with the market is always a gamble. If it works out (seems like it has this year) you're a genius. If it doesn't you end up with nothing, & you're a moron.

Guess I wouldn't want to play poker with Mr. Smith.

A big welcome to Jim's son to the Twins fan club. It is good to get someone on the good side, especially when they come from the dark side.

The Twins are always fun to watch and with this signing and hopefully another pitching change this is going to be a great season. I just love it when they nickle-dime all the big city teams with the big old payroles.

Disapointing.... I think its safe to say a Broke down Crede will not come close to the platoon numbers the Twins 3bs had last year.

Oh well....like Windy says it aint my money so go ahead and WASTE IT!

At least its only 1 year!

I do not want to call you stupy Pier, but that is silly statement. Crede is a much better player than the "platoon" is. He actually plays defense over there too.

Also, how can you call that wasting money when he is making less than Punto guaranteed. Looks to me like this is a post meant to stir the pot.

Yopaulypinkfloyd,

I just listened to Sid this morning and he thought it was a GREAT signing. I will have to agree with him. Even if he only puts up his carear average for number he is still ahead of the platoon guys we had and like Zepman said it will make pitches actually pitch to Mauer, Morneau, and other twins hitters cause he can knock them in.

Froggy

I wasn't quoting sid on my statment, just quoting sid on my statement, know what I mean? crazy

Comparing power numbers between Punto and Crede is like comparing kids in school knocked out by the schools bully and the schools wimp. One guys huge and the other guy- not so much. We got them both, and I like both over Harris and Buscher.

They are two different players and you can't and shouldn't compare stats on them. The fact of the matter is Crede is the better player and is exactly what the team needs. He fills in the middle of the order with some right handed power and he will make it harder to pitch around Morneau. If Cuddyer comes around and rebounds we will have a nice left, right, left, right, left combination in the middle of the order that will cause issues with other teams bullpens. Crede just doesn't bring his stats he completely changes the makeup of this lineup. I am a fan of Punto's but Crede means so much more to this lineup than Punto, Buscher, Harris or anyone else that could play 3B.

I see the order shaking out like this:

Span

Cassilla

Mauer

Crede

Morneau

Cuddyer

Kubel

Punto

Gomez

4-7 could really go in any order and I would't be shocked if Mauer opened the season batting 2nd.

I think it comes down to one of two things for the naysayers. Either they value the month of October so much for fishing and hunting and don't want to be bothered with the possibility of getting to watch a meaningful playoff series or two or there are those that are only interested in keeping the talent that the organization has drafted and brought along up through the minors. (Not saying there is anything wrong with those philosophies but I like the Crede pickup and the fact that he's got an incentive laden contract.)

lol... seems that a lot of the same people that don't want the twins to waste their valuable Oct. hunting/fishing time seem to also be the same ones content with tjack and the vikings not wasting valuable ice fishing time come January.

I think Sled might be on to something guys. I hate to burst your little "championship dance" but Kenny Williams does not usually leave too much on the table. I love Joe Crede but there comes a time when each player must finally succomb to mother nature and I think Joe's time is closer than all the Twinkie fans think. I will cheer for Joe 144 games this year, I am sure you can figure out which ones! LOL

While Crede was on the market for a while I think it could be attributed to his greedy agent for the initial price tag. Yes, he may be a slight risk health wise but the positives way outweigh the negs here. Once his agent figured out an incentive laden deal was the only way his client could get a contract close to what he was looking for, he was snatched up. I call it good fortune for the Twins that he had a dumb agent. smile