• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crede to Twins?

Dahitman44

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crede got a GW hit-- way to go. Still K's way to often for my liking, and the dude is likely past his prime. I hope I'am wrong, but I expect busher to playing most of 3b come June.

Past his prime? He's 29 years old. If he can stay healthy he'll be the best 3rd baseman we've had since Gaetti.

I can't believe no one has brought up Punto yet. Is it because he has actually hit the ball a little bit? The guy cannot throw from short to first without the ball hitting the dirt. Morneau better win a gold glove this year...Really I thought he should have had it over Youkilus(sp)last year, but that's what you get playing in Boston or NY. Anyway, two guys I cannot stand are Punto and Gomez.

I can't believe no one has brought up Punto yet. Is it because he has actually hit the ball a little bit? The guy cannot throw from short to first without the ball hitting the dirt.

Yes probably...If ball bounces to Punto each time before he grabs it and throws it for a out, thats not a problem for me.

Crede got a GW hit-- way to go. Still K's way to often for my liking, and the dude is likely past his prime. I hope I'am wrong, but I expect busher to playing most of 3b come June.

LOL and here we go, people calling for Buscher. Excuse me while I go watch the worm turn........ laugh

I'm excited to see Crede on our team. I'm hoping he's getting more used to the team now and can keep a string of clutch hits going.

As to Punto, what's not to like? He can play 2nd, SS, and 3rd. Perfect guy to have on the bench and not a bad starter. Not a lot of pop in his bat. But he's had two out of the last three seasons at near .300. He's been durable, and up until this year underpaid. He sets up for the throw to first very quickly which might excuse some of the speed. We could do better at short, but we could also do a lot worse.

How can anyone complain about Punto. He can play all 3 positions and is a walking highlite reel. That diving stop last nite and a flip to Casilla and it was routine. He has always been a very good defensive player, with a lot of effort given each game. I wish we had more of them......

G.C.

Harris couldn't get a Punto play out after the ball deflected off Slowey's glove earlier in the game but twins still win. I'd like to keep Punto out there and let the other 8 men do the job on the bats. Harris is good some days, just not an everyday player. Just my 2 cents.