• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crede to Twins?

Dahitman44

Moving either will be a mistake. I think we have seen how easily players can get hurt -- we are finally deeper and have a decent bench. We can play the "numbers" game and play people against people they can handle.

Gardy might have to have a pencil with an eraser but it will be nice to see us have some options, down 2-1 in the bottom of the 9th with Punto up to bat with two outs.

At least we have options.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fishy, I take it you think Young will be moved. I think that will happen or Kubel does. But we will get more for Young.

That could go in just about any direction but I don't think Young is going to or should start over the other guys unless Gomez completely falls apart.

Why was a player as good as crede not resigned and left on the free agent market so long?

I don't know how he will turn out with the twins, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I am sure there were concerns about his back. Teams who had a respectable third baseman didn't need to take the chance. The Twins did and played the game well. They had a price they were willing to take a chance at and got it.

Of course it was because of his back. Let's face it, the guy has missed alot of time the last few years because of it. However, considering our other options, he was the best out there. I wanted him more than any 3B(that was available) out there not named Beltre. When healthy, the guy is a highlight real with the glove. He also seems to be the type that wants to be up when the game is on the line and I have seen him kill the Twins and others from the 7th inning on enough to know that he is the guy I want up with the bases juiced when the Twins are down late.

As far as moving Young or Kubel. Those would both be the dumbest moves we could make IMO. They are both young, cheap, and have potential to hit the ball in the seats. Both of them were top prospects in their day. Don't move either until they become unaffordable. You want to move an outfielder, it has to be Cuddy even though his contract makes him almost untradable and I don't wanna let him go either.

I hope Crede works out, but I'll still be the pres of the Buscher fan club, as sid would say Mark my words.... grin

yep, who was that drawing the 3rd walk of the bottom of the 9th then coming around to score the winning run? laugh As pres. of the fan club, just had to point that out LOL

Good thing to remember...he was out almost all last year. It will take a little while to get going..Also, his life time batting average is not that great, just his dingers and rbis.

and his defense, which I think is why the Twins went after him, along with a little more power.

Now I have heard a lot of chatter about Twinkie fans not being happy with Crede and wondering if his back will hold out, I am a fair guy so I am proposing a trade back to the Pale Hose, we will take Joe off your hands so you don't have to worry and we will send you a World Series complete game winner in Jose Contreras. Sound good to you guys. We can complete that deal today and Joe can just stay here and Jose can jump on the plane with the Twinkies!

Now I have heard a lot of chatter about Twinkie fans not being happy with Crede and wondering if his back will hold out, I am a fair guy so I am proposing a trade back to the Pale Hose, we will take Joe off your hands so you don't have to worry and we will send you a World Series complete game winner in Jose Contreras. Sound good to you guys. We can complete that deal today and Joe can just stay here and Jose can jump on the plane with the Twinkies!

Nah, we'll keep Crede :), I've always liked this guy...hated watching him bat against the Twins in the past!

Do you hear that, Twinkie fans? I can swear I hear Meat Loaf singing in the background. What is he singing? Ah yes, CAUSE TWO OUT OF THREE AIN'T BAD! LOL

I thought it was really funny when they played Air Supply, I'm All Out of Love, when Crede came to the plate for the first time! Joe is looking good, he should do you well as long as the back holds up.

Good series, we took a pounding and then delivered two poundings. Probably get the opposite in the Baggie Dome.

Gonna be a long but fun year, I predict!