• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area' in the outdoors.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

Scott M

Panfish Photo Gallery

Me and Jack hit the backwaters for some panfish action Saturday. There were bluegills and bass everywhere! Crappies were hard to find though. I got my fish, bluegills,bass and perch with a few crappies on fatboys with maggots, I also got some on artificials. A nice day to be on the ice though!

http://mtbucket.blogspot.com/2009/02/backwaters-panfish-and-bass-frenzy.html

mtperch.jpg

jacks+mule.jpg

orangebelly.jpg

gill+close.jpg

bass2.jpg

bigperch.jpg

bass4.jpg

waterbass.jpg

slab.jpg

MT

Mike, thanks for sharing. Looks like a great day. I was wondering if you could share some info. about how you rig up your jigs. I see you're using a loop knot with your jigs, how do you like it? How do the jigs hang with the loop?

Congrats again.

Mike, thanks for sharing. Looks like a great day. I was wondering if you could share some info. about how you rig up your jigs. I see you're using a loop knot with your jigs, how do you like it? How do the jigs hang with the loop?

Congrats again.

They hang horizontal in the water best with the loop knot. the maggots or plastic make it look vertical when out of the water because of the extra weight, but underwater it evens out.

MT

It is a loop knot or you could use a surgeons knot. The surgeons is just putting the lure two times through the loop instead of once. A good trick is to hold the loops on the eyelet and tightening both the tag and line until the loop is nice and small about an 1/8th of an inch loop is ideal.

Took this picture over the weekend.

Sunnie7.jpg

If there was an award given away on here for best picture that would get my vote. Awesome picture

smilesmilesmile

Blackdog's and Recon's, have to be some of the coolest panfish pics I've ever seen! Sweet action shot of the gill, and the crappie close up is awesome with the moon in the background

My son with a 13" 1.25# crappie from the weekend (the look on his face is because he was dropping it right as I took the picture grin)

2009-02-14AJ13in14lbCrappie_1.jpg

Another pic of the 13" next to the rod

2009-02-14JR13in14lbCrappie_1.jpg

Another crappie my son pulled in. His quote after this one was "Dad, I'm having fun now!"

2009-02-14AJCrappie_2.jpg

Was able to make it up north this weekend and got into some pannies. Lots of nice 8-8.5 gills with a few 9"ers thrown in. Here's a few pics:

singlesun.jpg

sunnysunnies.jpg

I got some good bluegills Sunday, most of them came from 6 to 8 feet where there was green curlyleaf pondweed, all on jigs with larvae, here are a few!

bluegill+closeup.jpg

monster+sunfish.jpg

redeared+sunnie.jpg

bluegill+eye.jpg

jumpin+gill.jpg

slice+gill.jpg

pseed+closeup.jpg

ice+gill.jpg

sunset.jpg