• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Panfish Photo Gallery

Scott M

Hit the lake again saturday afternoon in my float tube for about an hour and a half. Crappies were holding in a shallow bay. Nothing under 10" and a couple @ 11". They weren't holding as tight to the shore as before and were a little more spread out. Caught about 10.

The first fish to slam my jig was this LM bass about 15-16"...

P4040026.jpg

P4040029.jpg

Here's a few crappie of the crappies I caught too...

P4040031.jpg

P4040034.jpg

P4040039.jpg

P4040032.jpg

P4040035.jpg

P4040040.jpg

Can't wait for the bluegills to start heating up! Need some warm weather to get 'em going.

Got the afternoon off of work so I headed to the lake to slay some panfish in my float tube, and slay 'em I did! I caught about 25 crappies in less than 2 hours all between 10 and 11" with quite a few 11" fish.

Finally caught some bluegills. I caught three nice ones up to 8.5" right away...

P4080046.jpg

P4080042.jpg

Then I started pounding the slabs!

P4080051.jpg

P4080052.jpg

P4080058.jpg

P4080048.jpg

P4080056.jpg

Gill defect on crappie...

P4080059.jpg

Another pretty gill...

P4080065-1.jpg

P4080060.jpg

Never thought getting my hours cut at work could be so much fun!!!

Here's some from today. I was able to sneak out with my dad for a few hours for some easter slabs. It sure was great to get out in the boat!:

Here's a few of mine:

earlycrappies.jpg

daycrappie1.jpg

And a couple of dad's:

dadcrappies.jpg

CrappieKeith,

What do you wear to keep warm in that float tube? neoprene waders?

I'm not Crappie Keith, I wish I caught as many mules as him!!!! I'm Casey. Anyway, I use neoprine waders paired with a pair of long underwear when the weather is cool, also some warm socks.

Originally Posted By: rangerforme
CrappieKeith,

What do you wear to keep warm in that float tube? neoprene waders?

I'm not Crappie Keith, I wish I caught as many mules as him!!!! I'm Casey. Anyway, I use neoprine waders paired with a pair of long underwear when the weather is cool, also some warm socks.

Calvinist and Cyberfish are fishing the same lake methinks! I see the same house in the background (the little a-frame porch thingy).

Looks like a fun lake, but be careful what you are posting!