• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Panfish Photo Gallery

Scott M

Please share your panfish photos here.

All photos are welcome provided they fall within forum policy . Big fish are always crowd pleasers, but first fish, first time panfishing, or kids or elderly fishing are great pics too.

Please don't be hesitant to share. Many people are living vicariously through your fishing stories, photos, and videos when they can't get out!

Good luck panfishin' this year and be sure to post some pictures here.

We had our annual up north ice fishing outing this weekend, We were going to fish a few different lakes looking for the biggest panfish. lots of snow and temps down to 30 below had us change our plans and we stayed at the lake were we were staying on and fished for sunfish the whole time.

It was hard to get around without snowmobiles, it was so deep, and the slush was bad, but we still found lots of nice sunfish mostly in 16 ft. We used small jigs tipped with maggots, or plastics, gulp!waxies worked well too.

mt+hugegill.jpg

bull+sunnie.jpg

MT

Cyberfish... Man I wish I could have made that trip with you guys. I was stuck at home with a sick kid and having to go to work on top of it. Looks like you guys got into some big gills. Also looks like heart-attacks-ville pulling houses around out there without a sled. Hopefully things will line up better next year.

hahaha I'll second that mrfish, i think the smallest sunfish i've ever caught has come out of lake marion. I've yet to catch a sunfish over 5 inches out of that lake. I did get into some 7-9 inchers on Chisago last week, that was fun, and i caught them between midnight and 5am.

heres my 2 biggest ones of the night, a couple 10 inchers from tonight on a south metro lake with Geppy and another friend. caught around 15-18 in about 2 hours all from 7 inches to 10 inches long with a few dinky perch mixed in.

(the second pic i have a mouthfull of sunflower seeds thats why my mouth looks puffed out)

DSCN1736.jpg

DSCN1735.jpg

indeed we did! grin we live on this lake and fish it almost everyday and this is the first year we have found some nice sized crappies. a week ago i lost a 12 incher at the hole. we never keep fish out of this lake just because we like catching them when they are bigger! this lake recieves tons of pressure in which alot of guys keep a bunch of 7-8 inchers frown

http://mtbucket.blogspot.com/2009/01/metro-panfish-outing.html

MT and Jack hit a small metro lake for some panfish action. we got lots of good eating sized crappies and a few bluegills. They were at around 15 ft down in 20 feet.

I got mine on a fatboy jig with maggots, I think Jack got his on a ratso jig. It was nice to get out in the sun with no wind!

slab.jpg

sunfish1.jpg

crappie+scales.jpg

iced+sunfish.jpg

eye+of+crappie.jpg

sunfish2.jpg

crappie00.jpg

sunfish3.jpg