• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Panfish Photo Gallery

Scott M

Nice fish guys!

Myself and fishing partners have been getting some real nice gills and crappies around the metro area and here are some pics. These fish were caught a couple weeks back, all in deeper weeds in about 10-13 fow. All mine were on a couple different jigs with little atom wedgees and micro nuggies, and a couple others were on fatboys with waxworms.

break008pg7.jpg

break011nh0.jpg

This is the biggest gill I have seen myself in a while 9.75"!

break012ji7.jpg

break041on4.jpg

break044cd7.jpg

nice crappies windowpane!

fishcast

nice gills!!!!!!

where were you fishing.

Thanks Jordyn, but I'm not going to say any names, but looking at your location there area pretty good panfish lakes in your area, and in Cass County I've heard some real good stuff.

I've fished lots of lakes in the metro area and most of them are full of stunted gills and crappies from over explotation of the bigger ones. Try out some new lakes if all you are catching is small stuff, it can be a lot of work, but thats part of fishing and its rewarding when you find good fish. This time of the year especially I'd reccomend some of the larger lakes to try out. Also I find I'm fishing weed related areas much of the time when on the same lake there are piles of shacks out deep. While they might be catching fish, some of the shallower stuff may be overlooked.