• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

OK Muzzleloaders, What you using?

Borch

With the muzzleloader season just around the corner thought it would be neat to hear hunters choice of weapons.

I'm not going to make it out this year. But I usually use a traditions 209 loaded with 100 gr 777 and a 295 power belt. It's been a good load for me thus far and I usually use this set up during the rifle season as well.

It's nothing fancy but I do get just over 2" grouops at 100 yds when I top it with a scope during rifle season. It opens up a bit with the open sights.

What will you be carrying this weekend?

I'm going with my TC omega loaded with 150 grains 777 and 300 grain shockwave. I have had real great luck with the accuracy of the shockwave bullets out to 150 yards. Good luck to all who are going out. Hope we get some snow up northwest for this.

I started the cheap route with a lower grade CVA to keep the investment low if it wasn't for me. I thought I'd upgrade if I liked it. Well, I love it but haven't upgraded since this thing has been a killing machine with 100 grain pyrodex pellets, 225 grain power-belts in a .45 cal.

Quote:

CVA Buckhorn with 100 grains of Pyrodex and 295 grain powerbelts.

Borch, I'll be sitting in your stand Saturday morning, I'll let you know how it goes...

Good Luck!

Shoot Straight!

CVA kodiak 50cal, 100gr. 777 pellets, Speer HPGD 300gr. Shoots 3" groups at 100 yards and gets cloverleaves at 50 yards. Hope to see that big one on opener. Good luck everybody, have fun and always remember, safety first.

CVA Kodiak Pro 209 Magnum

100 gr Pyrodex

295 gr powerbelt aerotip

I think I'll carry my Hawken replica with, use that to scare them closer then shoot them with the CVA, would have worked GREAT last year! Lucky buggers!!

Mike