• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muskie Photo Gallery

davev

[PoorWordUsage] that's a healthy looking specimen erik, I still vote it's much bigger than you measured it to be. Maybe i'll make you a bumpboard for christmas....Cool shot too, the cold breaths give it a neat effect!

Keith - In the water it was all of 48 and change - no tail pinch or mouth closing so maybe it would have shaken out longer on a bump board but it doesn't much matter. It was by far the fatest fish I've held. Too bad I messed up the self portrait - kinda hard to get done solo in the dark with freezing hands! cry I measured it with that orange stick in my boat - not exact but close enough. Not the same tactics though - ripping a Slammer going 3.5 MPH. That is really gonna screw me up next year cause it sort of flies in the face of what worked the rest of the summer.

Jeff - I'll take you up on the bump board!! smile

Heres a 40 incher from this past weekend. A bit over 20lbs. NOt bad for 6lb line while jigging a buckshot. Took almost 20 minutes. Check out the girth, 19"!!! around its full belly.

22lbsPike.jpg

DSC00538.jpg

Turned a miserable weekend into a success.