• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muskie Photo Gallery

davev

new personal best from this weekend

musky.jpg

52 inches, got her boatside. She swirled 20 feet behind the boat, Zelms says "I wonder if that was a big fish that followed in?" turns out it was, and she followed my favorite lure right to the boat and ate on the 3rd figure 8. What a fight! Almost pulled the rod from my hands on one of the runs.

hope the pic works, might have to reload it

new personal best from this weekend

musky.jpg

52 inches, got her boatside. She swirled 20 feet behind the boat, Zelms says "I wonder if that was a big fish that followed in?" turns out it was, and she followed my favorite lure right to the boat and ate on the 3rd figure 8. What a fight! Almost pulled the rod from my hands on one of the runs.

hope the pic works, might have to reload it

What a good looking fish and nice little story to go with it.

Since joining the 10 Percent of America Club frown you could say I've had some time to go fishing smile I used to fish all of the time, but my job took all my time in the summer and hunting rules the fall.

So today I went out on Bone Lake near my home chasing skis. I recently read an article about trolling (which I never have really tried for them) and gave it shot. I was pulling some crankbaits with a 1/2lb of lead in front of them speeding along at 5 mph. To be honest, I've always thought this would be the last way to catch a muskie, but it WORKS smile

I was trying to follow the outside weed edge and ran right into them in about 8 fow and hooked into one! I was by myself so I got a quick measure (41") and got one picture of her in the water. She was missing about 1/3 of her top jaw! Kinda looked like a cleft lip.

It was a blast!! It was my 8th fish, but the first in over 5 years. I think I'm hooked again smile

100_2049.jpg

When fishing with a rubber worm, a guy doesn't expect to find himself on the Muskie photo thread, yet here I am with a 47"er (personal best) from last night. smile

Funny thing is, for some odd reason I threw my fish handling glove in the boat for the first time this year yesterday morning (It's usually just for canoe fishing). Some times the NostraDuffous in me makes the right call. laugh

img1823z.jpg

Nice, I had my personal best on for 10 minutes tonight, could have landed her multiple times, but my glove was at home, and every time I went for her she freaked out. was finally gonna settle for a water pic and call it good and she dove down one last time and popped loose. On a Bass size spinnerbait to boot, ohhh and not from a Muskie lake, its connected to one but its like a couple miles down a tiny stream, was a big surprise to say the least!!

Here's one from a few days ago. Didn't get an accurate measurement on the length but she was a bigger than 46" on the tape and thick. A new PB. Also got a chance to use the pocket video camera with the gorillapod. If you fish alone often or with a friend that is awful at taking pictures, these things are the cat's meow. Video Still's are a little out of frame but I'm working on it. laugh

Muskie_72709_44_2.jpg

Muskie_72709_44.jpg