• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muskie Photo Gallery

davev

Caught this fatty off my coworkers dock with 10 pound test... what a fight. Was on my 2nd cast and hit right away. Almost peeled off all the line on my reel before I turned her around.

Unfortunately since we were just dock fishing there was no musky gear around and before I said anything my coworker netted it with his walleye net and got the hooks all tangled up. Luckily I had some pliers and wire cutters in the work truck still and another coworker had gotten them out, being a musky fishermen. So I was able to get the hooks out in a couple seconds, snap a pic then put her back in the water for measurement. Swam away strong smile What a thick fish, the pics dont do her justice. 46 x 22

P7290626.jpg

P7290630.jpg

3 muskies boated Thurs night and one lost boatside before the netman could get it. 50in, 48in, 43in. Couple more hot follows. 2 muskies boated Fri night, 49in and 42.75in. Also more hot follows but got rained/stormed off at 11:00pm. Bite is just fine on Lake Vermilion. Jeremy and some resort guests he's taken out have like 9 or 10 fish up to 52.5in in the last 5 days. Last 6 fish caught on one identical custom bait, funny when 3 guys are throwing the exact same thing but its whats working. Pics included. Shout out to Jeremy and the nice folks at Whispering Winds Resort. If you are a muskie hunter looking for a great experience look them up online. You can't miss.

IMG_0077.jpg

Jarods 50in.

IMG_0079.jpg

Jeremy 48in.

IMG_0081.jpg

Jeremy 43in.

IMG_0083.jpg

Jeremy 42.75in

IMG_0084.jpg

Jeremy 49in.

No, not a fish hog. But very skilled. Guest was just out with us for fun and not any kind of paid trip, Jeremy is my brother, I just came up for quick fishing and 20 year school reunion. He caught 2 of them last night being the "middle man" with me up front and another guy in the back. Probably more luck than anything as we all had identical baits on. Most generous guy you'd ever meet though. Serious. And clients always come first when he's doing that.

Few more pics from earlier this week on Lake Vermilion. Hot week, 10 boated, more lost and lots of hot action. PM me if you want additional info on how to have this much fun.

100_0460.jpg

43in

100_0464.jpg

44in

100_0465.jpg

41.5in

100_0466.jpg

52.25in, this one is funny, got a couple movie star bugs in the photo.

100_0479.jpg

42in

Tell Jeremy I'm sorry I missed him the last week of July. I stopped by and said, "Hi" to your dad one day but Jer was in town running errands. I hooked a nice one and lost her in a few seconds. Caught a 27 later in the morning so it wasn't a total skunk. Nothing like last year's 50 though! Your folks new cabin is awesome BTW! Hope you guys have continued success the rest of 09! Beautiful fish and pictures. Keep up the good work!

Steve

Hope to see this one again in the fall... only 23 inch girth but a PB for me in length. I have never had the adrenaline shake after a muskie before, but I did on this one. Shoreline blurred to protect the innocent.

(Removed photo due to nasty emails)

Got August off to a good start Sunday night. First fish boated was this 50 x 22. Hooked it WAY out on the end of the cast, and thought for sure I was snagged. Then all of the sudden it started to move! Wish I could have had that head up more for the picture but it was dang heavy!

Tim50X22.jpg

20 minutes later it happened again. End of cast. Bait gets stopped in it's tracks. I set the hook hard and think I'm snagged for sure this time, and then come these long/slow headshakes. This one was just slightly smaller at 49x21. Second picture turned out better.

Tim49x21.jpg

Got one today around 6:30. Didn't have a chance to measure her. Still getting this video camera figured out so the pic is a bit out of frame. Things should be picking up here the next few days.

[img:left]8409_Muskiecopy-1.jpg