• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Plans after the lockdown is lifted

tacklejunkie

9 minutes ago, tacklejunkie said:

What is everybody going to do the day after these lockdowns are lifted? I’m going to go get drunk on the  Bent Paddle line of beers at the sit in brewery and go see the stupidest movie I’ve ever seen at a theater

Hopefully I will be able to take a deep breath and look at the sun...

At the rate things are going..........probably attend my first Vikes game at US Bank.

But I'm kinda with Del on this one, walking through the grass barefoot and being able to truly smile once again would be very nice.

24 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Good luck to ya @vaportrail ?

thanks! once everything gets back to normal we hope to pull the trigger. i hope to slow down one of these years getting kinda tired of the hours been at it 8+ years of driving truck. I came to that realization when i was home one day putting away the kids laundry.... A. i had no idea where they went. B. had no idea what was whos... as the line goes "its a pretty good living, but it aint no life" wouldn't mind getting some fishing time in as well 

Not to be a downer, but I'm still going to be careful. There will still be carriers in the population and it might flare up again. I'm in the high risk age group so I'll avoid crowds for a while. But I'll feel better going to the grocery store, Home Depot, restaurants, etc. 

Trouble is, the lockdown really can't be lifted until either there is a vaccine, most people have had the disease, or there are zero cases active in the community.    

Sorry for the pessimism...?

2 hours ago, delcecchi said:

Trouble is, the lockdown really can't be lifted until either there is a vaccine, most people have had the disease, or there are zero cases active in the community.    

Sorry for the pessimism...?

But it will be lifted way before any of those things happen. Individuals in the high risk category will just have to be more cautious.

5 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

But it will be lifted way before any of those things happen. Individuals in the high risk category will just have to be more cautious.

Or die for the sake of society and the economy

Any new plans from anyone in the New Year after the current restrictions are lifted and things settle down?

I know what a few are for me now...

1. Hug my Mom.

2. Meet and shake hands with people.

3. Go to any restaurant on my hit list I haven’t hit yet.

4. Face to face banking.

5. Not have to keep a clean mask handy at all times.

Otherwise I’ve been out and about, doing my thing.

17 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

can't do one any more but I can hug the kids and grandkids and girl friend, and I like your list and will be doing that to!!!    

Who you kidding about the girlfriend ??. To be honest other than wearing a mask I haven't done much different. But yes maybe be more out and about visiting people.

2 hours ago, bobbymalone said:

LOL.  I have went out of my way for a decade to never deal with face to face banking.  

I hate delays when I want something done.  Emailing my banker for certain things often costs at least a half day or more.  I’m getting the hang of e docs but still prefer pen, paper, undivided attention and a handshake.  Proud to be old school. ✊

25 minutes ago, jbell1981 said:

It's supposed to be clean? Oops! ?

Maybe only in my world? ?

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

I hate delays when I want something done.  Emailing my banker for certain things often costs at least a half day or more.  I’m getting the hang of e docs but still prefer pen, paper, undivided attention and a handshake.  Proud to be old school. ✊

Maybe only in my world? ?

besides being an occupational deal too!!  LOL!!!