• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Random Daily Pics

On 4/29/2022 at 7:28 PM, Wanderer said:

Hey! Back to pics! 😄

Waiting to see which renters come home. 😁

9FA8875B-1D91-49DF-B2F2-D6D6FC97F79F.thumb.jpeg.ff9be0a7e993b9daff60c4b491336b68.jpeg

You know, when you live up there. You can pretty much go where ever you want.  You don't have to do it in a jar! 😜

7 hours ago, SledNeck said:

They're not super common but they aren't rare either. Spoonies have a very distinct smell to em.

Yeah I’ve shot plenty of em, just not in that part of the state.  They decoy stupid easy which can be fun but about 1/3 get tossed for rice breast.

Mother Nature was p1ssed off tonight. I’ve never experienced a storm like that in my life. Was a dirt blizzard and winds like I’ve never seen or felt before. House and family is OK but lots of carnage all around. Feels like an apocalypse. 

BC08B4CD-E53C-47F1-921A-70346623A1AB.jpeg

A1FACD28-1557-4C76-BB63-3704FA00D65B.jpeg

Edited by rundrave

3 minutes ago, rundrave said:

Mother Nature was [PoorWordUsage]ed off tonight. I’ve never experienced a storm like that in my life. Was a dirt blizzard and winds like I’ve never seen or felt before. House and family is OK but lots of carnage all around. Feels like an apocalypse. 

BC08B4CD-E53C-47F1-921A-70346623A1AB.jpeg

A1FACD28-1557-4C76-BB63-3704FA00D65B.jpeg

Looks like a Middle East sandstorm!

Glad you’re all OK!  

Edited by Wanderer

1 minute ago, Wanderer said:

Looks like a Middle East sandstorm!

All across the plains farmers have been removing Dust Bowl era tree belts that were put in place to help stop dust storms and keep topsoil from blowing away. History repeats.

3 minutes ago, rundrave said:

All across the plains farmers have been removing Dust Bowl era tree belts that were put in place to help stop dust storms and keep topsoil from blowing away. History repeats.

Ok & TX are not looking good in that regard.

But you are right, the last 20 years of taking advantage of every acre is gonna come back to bite in the Upper Midwest. 

Reminds me of the Habobs (Wanderer) growing up in Phoenix.

8 hours ago, SledNeck said:

They're not super common but they aren't rare either. Spoonies have a very distinct smell to em.

See them cruising thru on the way up most every spring.

None hang around here though.

54 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Yeah I’ve shot plenty of em, just not in that part of the state.  They decoy stupid easy which can be fun but about 1/3 get tossed for rice breast.

It was the most common duck we shot in California. If a duck was decoying straight in (low) without circling, you knew it was a spoony. I notice there's quite a bit of them on the rice fields down in Arkansas. You won't see one in the timber, though.

4 hours ago, Mike89 said:

it was a very nasty storm here too, lost power for about 25 hours...  lots of torn up tree's and buildings 

My daughter lives near Brandon and lost some trees too. She  sent pictures of Alex, it’s a mess up there in some areas.

2 hours ago, Macgyver55 said:

My daughter lives near Brandon and lost some trees too. She  sent pictures of Alex, it’s a mess up there in some areas.

87 mph winds were clocked...  lots of damage this way to