• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Random Daily Pics

1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

Wasn't there some dispute between the Woody and Ganser last year?  Or something that cleaned out of the Woodys eggs and she had to start all over?  

I mentioned a few things that I was learning last year from watching some streaming from On Gravel Podcast but don’t know if that’s what you’re referring to.  They showed a woody and merg hen fighting.

Those merg hens are usually egg dumpers.

1 hour ago, bobbymalone said:

I checked again a bit ago and think maybe this ganser is gonna have a baby wood duck.

PXL_20220429_190633320.jpg

Sure looks like it.  

I’ve had a pair of mergs returning under my main house for a week but I never see them go in.  Finally today there’s a pair of woodies by one of the other houses.  Hope they stick around.

Our best for 3 houses was 2 or 3 pairs of woodies and 2 pairs of mergs if I remember right.  More pairs than houses is what I do remember, so there was some sharing going on.

24 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

I mentioned a few things that I was learning last year from watching some streaming from On Gravel Podcast but don’t know if that’s what you’re referring to.  They showed a woody and merg hen fighting.

Sure looks like it.  

I’ve had a pair of mergs returning under my main house for a week but I never see them go in.  Finally today there’s a pair of woodies by one of the other houses.  Hope they stick around.

Our best for 3 houses was 2 or 3 pairs of woodies and 2 pairs of mergs if I remember right.  More pairs than houses is what I do remember, so there was some sharing going on.

Well, we hear about a housing shortage everyday so................... 😆

2 hours ago, Wanderer said:

That's what I have heard and what I see in my backyard.

Hen wood duck wanted in there real bad yesterday and I think the ganser was in there.  I would have preferred the wood duck but it is what it is.  I'm just hoping to catch em making the leap.

yeppers.......with the lake having a severe winter kill 2 of the last 4 years, i was concerned about it this year. couldnt tell one bit.  after i tried and failed to get the DNR to restock the lake i got word from a board member on the Jessie Lake Watershed they got them  to do some stocking.in june!!!

and as in the past even when not all the ice is out, you canget a pretty good feel by how many eagles are around!!!!

20 hours ago, smurfy said:

yea i saw them worthless things there yesterday on my way home!!!!!! 🙄

I guess they run along the same lines as cormorants for you then.  Never had a strong opinion about pelicans but I sure don’t like cormorants, which are mixed in there.

3 hours ago, Wanderer said:

I guess they run along the same lines as cormorants for you then.  Never had a strong opinion about pelicans but I sure don’t like cormorants, which are mixed in there.

yea i'm not prejudice.........i have an equal dislike for both!!!!!!!!1👍

On 4/30/2022 at 4:50 PM, smurfy said:

yea i saw them worthless things there yesterday on my way home!!!!!! 🙄

I thought you were talking about deer, and totally agreed. If they didn't feed the wolves, I would not shed a tear if those worthless things didn't exist. ;)

43 minutes ago, Duffman said:

I thought you were talking about deer, and totally agreed. If they didn't feed the wolves, I would not shed a tear if those worthless things didn't exist. ;)

Worthless?  Deer has probably fed more people on this ball since time began, then moo'res. 😒 

11 hours ago, Macgyver55 said:

Here’s one of our favorite lunch spots on the trail.!

Water everywhere made it a challenge to even get close to most of our other favorites. 

BCB5A9AA-4745-47F4-A045-BEA116CB9CC5.thumb.jpeg.e3b6f6519df588f1c4dfcf55308d7df7.jpeg 

6F4ABC6B-362C-42C4-86C1-2CB0A329E124.thumb.jpeg.8eb2afb5c4d71520b822756dbaedaffe.jpeg

AC0CD244-17A5-4F21-BD2C-B5074CC68CC7.thumb.jpeg.90f934930458b0bd7a8ee5bfa6f4a8e9.jpeg

074C5EE7-DD55-4410-811E-924E8FAEBBAC.thumb.jpeg.19512c279dfc71835530f5136331dc4a.jpeg

Trail? Where did you find open ATV trails? I just check on Monday and the ones around Crosslake were still posted closed! ☹