• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Random Daily Pics

1 hour ago, Macgyver55 said:

Beautiful place! I was there a few years ago as I have good friends living in Kingsport!

I don’t think you solved my riddle successfully. I’m no where near Kingsport in those pics.

this one might give it away better:

98BD3FA7-2C26-41BA-999C-32188FEB9EFE.jpeg

11 hours ago, bobbymalone said:

You got some of that red gold O negative stuff?  My dad is O negative and they were always hot after his stuff.  I can't remember how many gallons he donated but it was a lot.

Yep O neg. And your right, when my time gets close there calling and emailing.

Edited by smurfy

On 7/27/2022 at 1:08 PM, rundrave said:

Hello from the highest summit in the United States east of the Rocky Mountains 😀

648EAE77-643E-48D3-8FDB-58B63642B411.jpeg

What's the colorful deal on the left bottom?  

1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

What's the colorful deal on the left bottom?  

Just a dead tree or metal stake with a bunch of bandannas or pieces of fabric that people place up there. 

I don’t know that there is any significance for why people do it but there were several places at the top where people have done it

12 hours ago, rundrave said:

Just a dead tree or metal stake with a bunch of bandannas or pieces of fabric that people place up there. 

I don’t know that there is any significance for why people do it but there were several places at the top where people have done it

Kind of looks like the stand for Ukraine prayer posts popping up.   

image.thumb.png.354f8d2aa53f09ca9d4a26ceb18389d2.png

1 hour ago, Macgyver55 said:

Woody woodpecker showed up today, then called for backup! Must be some good pickins as they weren’t too shy. 
My black cherry tree is on its last leg and scheduled to become firewood in a few weeks. 

Sorry for the poor quality, I had my phone on full zoom. Ran in to get the good camera and of course the battery was too low to shoot. 

I cut down a cherry tree that was past it's last legs that they were pecking at.  They got mad and moved on to some deck rails that were on their last legs.  

11 hours ago, Wanderer said:

All these pics… and right after I get done mowing and thinking I haven’t seen many bumble bees and his year… maybe keeping the clover too short for the pollinators. 🤔

i've seen them in my wifes flower bed!!!!!!! what i am in awe of is when the sediums are in bloom all the honey bees are working them. first time i seen them on sediums at a friends i hadda have some. i got 4 now!!!!1👍

On 7/30/2022 at 7:26 PM, bobbymalone said:

I cut down a cherry tree that was past it's last legs that they were pecking at.  They got mad and moved on to some deck rails that were on their last legs.  

Nice work Mr. Washington! 😆

7 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Nice work Mr. Washington! 😆

I left the dead cherry tree up for years for them to peck at.  I only cut it down* when it was in danger of falling on it's own.   

*a battery powered chainsaw was used to drop the tree and hack up it's carcass.

5 hours ago, bobbymalone said:

I left the dead cherry tree up for years for them to peck at.  I only cut it down* when it was in danger of falling on it's own.   

*a battery powered chainsaw was used to drop the tree and hack up it's carcass.

Some good smoking wood you throw out! 😕

1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

Some good smoking wood you throw out! 😕

It's in the firewood pile now.  Didn't think about it, but I could turn my charcoal grill into a poor man's smoker.  I've thought about it a million times, but haven't bought a real smoker yet.