• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MY SON'S FIRST BUCK

MCI

Nice Deer for your son. Maybe one of a life time. Wheres the story? He's wearing all black, I'm thinking bow in a ground blind? . Let me fix those pictures for you. :)

IMG_0666.thumb.JPG.e344b3594ca9ae1b4464b5584102ad0e.JPG

IMG_0667.thumb.JPG.5c0e3ea3cdadddbb8b513576d8bf4dec.JPG

IMG_0668.thumb.JPG.bfb56c46b0c32483d276237a4576d1c2.JPG

Edited by leech~~

I have already told my son that its going to be HARD to top this deer in the future. His response "dad, its not about the rack size, we are meat hunters. The rack is just a bonus."  He's a good kid and I hope I have a life long hunting buddy after this experience.

Sounds like the perfect answer to me. Congrats on an awesome hunt. No doubt you have a lifelong partner there.

Congrats, I hunted with a young kid for a few years in So Dak.  One year he killed a buck about 175", his first buck.  His dad gave me grief because he'd be hard pressed to kill a bigger one.  The "kid" is now a young man and shoots a buck nearly every year and he's happy as can be with those bucks too.  

Hope he eventually talks a little trash about it though...gotta do that!

That's the beauty of deer hunting, we don't know what or when or why or if we'll bag another one. It's the unknown that makes it what it is and why us older cats never tire of it. For some google the Mills Fleet Farm big buck contest some cool deer to look at and I tried the Hillview page but idk been nothing since 2012 ? Some really awesome deer and stories behind them in here this year. With another weak Winter upon us praying Spring will be kind, we should be in for a decent year next year. Hope to see a few bow kills yet before 2016. Who is going to bag that last deer of the season and post it in here ?

PS. Great I was in the wrong thread, again. Your sons first deer is a whopper. What a thrill and he is hooked for life and that's great ! We need kids like him at school to help open the eyes to those that will never shoulder a gun. He can write an essay about those experiences and educate and teach other kids in his classes all about it, the whole experience is so tremendous, awesome story.