• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Peterson Indicted for Child Abuse

LMITOUT

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roger Goodell doesn't care about your apology's for believing that nitwit who's auditioning for realty TV's shows LIES ... I'll go with an extensive FBI led report that involved over 200 interviews and just as many E-Mails to verify Goodells and the NFL's version of events.

Long Live RG~~~~~~

Thats all!!!

Well AP couldn't keep his yap shut and let it play out. This week both the General Manager and Coach have come out and supported this child abuser. What does he do, he comes out and slams the organization and whines like a little girl that he was mistreated after he whipped the crud out of a child. I was getting to the point where I was on board with bringing him back thinking he had done his suspension, went through court yada yada. Then he opens his big dumb yap and shows he's learned nothing. He thinks he's done nothing wrong. What a giant waste of space.

Quote:
MINNEAPOLIS -- While the Minnesota Vikings have tried to pave the way for Adrian Peterson's return to the team through numerous comments from top officials in the last week, the running back remains undecided about his future with the team.

Peterson told ESPN on Thursday night he is "still uneasy" about the prospect of returning to the Vikings in 2015, saying the organization working with the NFL to put him on the commissioner's exempt list last September made him question how much support he had from the team for whom he has played his entire career. The 2012 NFL MVP called that decision an "ambush," adding, "There were people (in the organization) that I trusted, who knew exactly what was said, that weren't heard from" in the decision-making process.

"They weren't able to do anything about it," Peterson said.

"It's hard to say (what my future will be). I love Minnesota. There are people that have had my back, and supported me. Last year, with the things that took place, had a lot of fans that supported me through everything. For the fans, I would definitely love to come back, but then again, it's a business, when it comes down to business, you can't get caught up in the loyalty to fans or to a team or anything like that. You know how it is in the NFL. I learned a lot through this process. I'm still uneasy, to be honest with you. I'm still uneasy about a lot of things that took place within the organization. Of course those guys ultimately supported me, and I'm grateful for that. But ultimately, with me being able to be on the inside and see how cards were dealt, how things were worded, this, that and the other, it's about protecting your brand, your organization, what you have built. In the (grand) scheme of things, not one person counts over that. I get that."

The 29-year-old Peterson was in Minneapolis on Feb. 6 for a hearing in federal court, as the NFL Players Association sued the league in hopes of gaining Peterson's immediate reinstatement. But unless Judge David Doty rules in the NFLPA's favor, Peterson cannot be reinstated until April 15. He has been complying with the NFL's requirements for reinstatement, adding he talked with Dr. April Kuchuk -- the New York University psychiatry instructor with whom commissioner Roger Goodell ordered Peterson to meet -- to set up a counseling and treatment plan. He has to meet the requirements of his probation in Texas, as well as a child protective services order in Minnesota, after pleading no contest to reckless injury Nov. 4, but Peterson said he has been doing all the work and plans to play somewhere in 2015.

He's just not sure yet if it will be with the Vikings.

"It shows you can have all the loyalty toward someone and toward an organization, a fanbase, but when things really shift and it's you or the empire, they're gonna put you out on a leash," he said. "I said, 'Of course (I would love to come back to the Vikings, after a court hearing in Minneapolis on Feb. 6).' I said it. But my emotions, as far as those things I feel, those are for players like (linebacker) Chad Greenway, those guys that play the game just like me, that have the same passion I have, the same goal I have, to win a championship. That's where it comes from. It don't come from the organization. I'm not in a good place when it comes to that."

Peterson is under contract for 2015, and is scheduled to earn a base salary of $12.75 million from the Vikings. Team president Mark Wilf, chief operating officer Kevin Warren, general manager Rick Spielman and coach Mike Zimmer have all recently said they want Peterson to return in 2015, and the Vikings seem to be preparing for Peterson to play his ninth NFL season in Minnesota. But Zimmer has said the relationship needs to be a "two-way street," and Peterson said he knows the Vikings won't force him to be there if he decides he isn't comfortable in Minnesota.

The 2012 NFL MVP spoke highly of Zimmer, saying, "I love that guy, even though I only played one game for him," and had positive things to say about offensive coordinator Norv Turner and running backs coach Kirby Wilson. But asked if his unrest with the Vikings could be solved by sitting down with key members of the organization, Peterson said, "It's way deeper than that. It's definitely not that easy. In any situation, people will say what they need to say to make things better. I discovered that a long time ago.

"I know there are a lot of people in the organization who want me back," he said. "But then again, I know the ones who don't. It's a difficult transition, and it's not just about me. I have a wife who was able to sit back and see how people in Minnesota said this and said that, how media in Minnesota took the head of the situation with my child, and were digging into things that weren't even relevant. That wasn't people in Texas -- it was people in Minnesota that dug in and brought things out. That impacted me, but most importantly, it impacted the people around me -- my family, my kids. This came from the state I love so much, that I wish to bring a championship to? This is how they treat me when I'm down and out? You kick me? My wife (and I), we've had several conversations about me returning to Minnesota, what the best options are. If I left it up to her, I'd be somewhere else today, and that's with her weighing everything. It's a lot for me to weigh; she understands that. But there are some things that I'm still uneasy about."

Peterson, who played just one game last season and touched the ball just 21 times, said he's had more time to train this offseason, given the fact he doesn't have to spend time recovering from the rigors of a NFL season. He lost most of his endorsement deals after he was indicted for reckless injury to a child Sept. 12, but Peterson called the lack of endorsements "a blessing in disguise," since they've allowed him to limit his travel schedule and work out in Texas.

"Just having the time to sit back and clear my mind, this has really changed me mentally," he said. "My approach to things is going to be on a different level. With the things I've been through the last year, things definitely have more meaning. When I'm able to apply that when I'm working out and getting ready for something, it's always a great thing. It's always great when I'm able to put in great quality work. I'm ready to shock the world."

If Peterson isn't reinstated until April 15, he'd return to the league more than a month after the start of free agency. But when asked if he thought that meant no team could pay him as much as the Vikings are scheduled to, Peterson said, "I don't know if that would be the case. But you know, as far as being happy, as far as my family being happy, it's bigger than that."

He said he continues to pray about his future and where he should play.

"That's how I'll know," he said.

Note to Adrian: YOU beat your kid, YOU take no responsibility, YOU are the arse!!!! No one else is to blame for any of this but YOU!!!!

Yea Adrian's days in MN are over. I agree with most this dude is not even remotely close to the person everyone thought he was and has taken zero accountability for his behavior. Unfortunately his value is in the tank and the Vikings have little leverage at this point. Who cares what we get in return just get this tool out of here so we can move on.

Report: Adrian Peterson will 'never play for the Vikings again'

Things have turned sour between the Minnesota Vikings and Adrian Peterson. A story surfaced on Monday about Peterson’s agent Ben Dogra getting into an altercation with vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski during the NFL Scouting Combine.

One person close to Peterson reportedly has shut the door on any chance of Peterson returning to the Vikings next season and will likely be traded:

“He will never play another game for the Vikings,” said one person close to the player. “It’s over.”

Over the weekend a report surfaced that Peterson had requested a trade to the Dallas Cowboys. But that was later squashed by an ESPN reporter. With the new reports of the altercation during the Scouting Combine, it seems like Peterson’s days in Minnesota are numbered.

The Pro Bowl running back has been linked to the Dallas Cowboys numerous times but will they pull the trigger on a trade?

I've tried to continue to support this guy, but wow he's an one-who-thinks-I-am-silly. This could have been over with a long time ago if he would've taken a plea deal to begin with, it could have been over with if he just showed up to a meeting, it could've been over with if he just worked with the league, even if they were being a bit unfair. But no he has to try to make his point that he did nothing worng. Just man up take responsibility for your actions and move on.

And then to say he was ambushed by the Vikings, and that they didn't support him? Umm what they paid you to go to court and try to resolve this, they paid you to smoke dope while not playing, they kept you on the team while losing sponsors. Put yourself in their shoes, and to go out and say it didn't seem like you got the support from them? Wow you are an f'in one-who-thinks-I-am-silly.

Sucks it's gotta be this way cause he is one of the best running backs of all time, and no doubt could have helped this team, but at this point I hope we trade him to the Browns.

The altercations were between Petersons agent, and A personnel from the Vikings FO. It wasnt between Peterson, and top brass. As for the damage that was done, it is a business, Peterson is on a team option, with no guaranteed money. He is under contract with the Vikings for a couple more years, if the team wants to pay him big dollars, he really has no choice other then to play, he can request a trade if he likes, but no one will pay him the amount he is getting paid here, so he would need to renegotiate his contract, for less money. The Vikings hold most of the cards.

I would imagine he has a 2 first round price tag on him, and if the Vikings can get it, he is gone. If not, I guess we will be over paying a disgruntle RB for another year, or at least long enough for him to increase his value, in order to get a couple first round picks for him. The Vikings FO, hasnt made any real dumb trades for a while, they usually are the winners of the trades.

I could personally give a rats behind if he plays here or not. The team would benefit from the cap space if we spent that money on a front line, rather then the backfield. The extra picks would also help this team a lot. There is a lot of mid 1st round talent this year, that would help this team considerably. It would also give McKinnon more touches to see what he has. I think this kid can be better then Peterson can be in this point of his career, especially in a couple years, when the Vikings are expected to be a competitor again, in which Peterson in a couple years will be dwindling.

I've tried to continue to support this guy, but wow he's an i*diot. This could have been over with a long time ago if he would've taken a plea deal to begin with, it could have been over with if he just showed up to a meeting, it could've been over with if he just worked with the league...

It could have been over with if he didn't beat his four year old with a stick until he was bloody and bruised.

I know where you're coming from as I defended him, too, but I am embarrassed that I ever did so. If this was a punter or a lineman or anyone else without his pedigree we'd have sent him down the river months ago...we wouldn't even be talking about it anymore...yet here we are, deep into the "controversy" still because he's arguably the best RB in the league and a once-in-a-generation player. The Vikes used the exempt list because we didn't know it was "Goodell's do whatever I want list," and Peterson blames the team for how it turned out, even though they paid him his full salary to sit out. Now he has the audacity to say he feels slighted by his treatment? Wow. I'm literally dumbfounded by his attitude and approach to this whole scenario. Somehow he's the victim in this? Give Daddy Jerry a big, fat kiss from me, AP...he's about to save us a bunch of cap space.

both sides have their motives and its playing out in media...ap is using his wife and agent to speak for him..he knows the vikes dont want to pay him the 14 M..this issue actually fired up last year. mckinnon and peterson in the same sentence??? get what they can for him and get a running back..we need a guard/tackle really bad. i would take a shot at gurley in low first round if he is there. looks like spielman and zimmer are odd men out on this..having your salary cap guru mix it up with an agent isnt ideal either..how did that happen?

Unfortunately we will not get what we should for him and I bet he comes back with a MONSTER year this season, just to show everyone. He may deteriorate after this season, but I bet it's a big one.

That's exactly why if at all possible I would keep him for one more year, let his stock rise and trade him next year.

His price tag is nowhere near 2 first round picks. They'll be lucky to get 1 second round pick for him.

Scott had to be joking with that one. They were saying on the radio maybe a 3rd round pick or two if we are lucky.

He may have a monster year or he may tear up another knee who knows. There are plenty of guys in the league that will probably try to take his head off when he comes back.

Officially, the Vikings can now speak to running back Adrian Peterson. Unofficially, it sounds like multiple teams have been talking to someone.

On Thursday, Adrian’s father, Nelson Peterson, told Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press that the elder Peterson has heard “rumors” of three potential destinations for Adrian.

“I’ve heard rumors, Arizona,” Nelson Peterson told Tomasson. “I’ve also heard the rumors of Indianapolis and the Colts, going there with a quarterback the caliber of [Andrew] Luck. I’ve also heard the Cowboys, coming back home with the Cowboys, behind that offensive line that they have.”

Nelson Peterson didn’t say who he heard the rumors from. All three teams make sense, and they mesh with rumors that have been making the rounds in league circles for the past few months.

Regardless of whether Adrian ends up in Arizona now, Nelson has strong feelings about where the Cardinals currently would be if they’d taken Adrian eight years ago.

“Arizona had the opportunity to draft him and they didn’t,” Nelson Peterson said. “They had an opportunity to take him in 2007 with the No. 4 pick and they went and picked Levi Brown. If they would have taken Adrian Peterson, then [quarterback] Kurt Warner would probably still be playing and they probably would have numerous Super Bowls.

“Can you imagine [Adrian] with Kurt Warner and with Larry Fitzgerald in his prime? Oh, man, Arizona would probably have a couple of Super Bowls by now.”

With Adrian turning 30 next month, the window toward being a key piece of a Super Bowl contender is closing. Before he leaves Minnesota in search of a team that may be on the doorstep, he needs to ask himself whether the Vikings may be laying the foundation to get there, sooner than later.

He has a no-trade clause...

This is off Vikingsjournal.com

TRADING ADRIAN PETERSON

If, and only if, the league adjusts the end date of Peterson’s suspension, the Vikings preference has to be to trade Adrian Peterson and get some sort of value back in return. Exactly what that value is, remains the big question. Maybe the best running back in the league, Peterson has not played since Week 1 of the 2014 season where he was minimally effective. By the time he takes the field next, he will be north of 30 years old and still has that history of injury concerns.

On the other hand, he also has a history of overcoming those injury concerns and a history that includes an MVP award. You could realistically get a first-rounder for Peterson but the fit has to be right. Peterson does not have a no-trade clause in his contract so the restrictions will not be insurmountable. The mindset here remains, get anything back in return and dump a contract that will put your team in a tough spot and you win.

If that is the case trade him to the worst team you can find and get what you can for him. No way would I give him what he wants after all the $hit he has put this team through......