• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WORST CALL EVER!!

BuckSutherland

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHAHA! Love seeing the Packers get jobbed like that.

It is pretty embarrassing that the ref couldn't get that call right even after getting a second look though.

On a happier note though - This may just be the push Goodell and the League needs to get the union back on the field.

The Pack got the first down they should not have earlier in the game, bad call and a TD for them.

I guess it went the other way on the last call.

Bad calls all night long. Worst call at the end, I don't know, there were alot of pretty bad calls.

Green Bay did not look good tonight at all no matter what the refs did.

How many times did Rodgers get sacked?????

Onje has to give Seattle some credit for hanging in there and playoing as well as they did on defense.

I must admit I loved the call. Its sending me to bed with a smile on my face. I just wish the second half would have went like the first half. I wasn't sure if Rodgers would survive the night the way it was going for a while. Hopefully the pack will forget how to run the ball again.

That last call will certainly make the ESPYs! Just being a fan of the NFL, regardless if you are a Packer or Seahawk fan, makes you cringe to see the level of the game diminished by such ineptitude by the replacement 'officials'. Goodell can't have too much hair left on his head after watching the integrity of the game suffer as much as it has in three short weeks. Anyone care to contribute to the officials' pension fund to get them back on the field asap, since Goodell's a bit too stubborn??

Article #3 Item #5

Item 5: Simultaneous Catch.􀀃If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers.

The bad news is that you applied the wrong rule to the situation. The good news is that you are over qualified to be a NFL replacement ref, so you have that going for you.

smile

From the words of Limt, you cant let refs win or lose a game for ya. Or something like that.

With that, I can see the call either way, I personally would have called passing interference, or an interception. But I can see not reversing the original call as well. Everyone is calling to end the strike, but the regular refs I am sure will flub a few calls, and people will be asking for the replacement refs back.

Bad call, sure, but you cant let your team be in the situation where your team can lose if there is a bad call. Besides, it was just a payback for the extra first down on the Packers TD drive.

In the end, the Packers are 1-2, the Vikes are 2-1

I hate the packers, but as a fan of the NFL that call disgusts me. What a crock. The 2nd part of the simultaneous catch rule states that it is not simultaneous if one player has possession and a 2nd player latches onto the ball later, which is clearly what happened. What an embarrassment.

Quote:
If people REALLY wanted to protest, they should quit watching and buying tickets and jerseys, etc

I sent this to ESPN and NFL last night. "I'm done!!! I love good football but refuse to watch games decided by which team wins the "lousy call" lottery. Call me when the real refs return."

Fans hold the only real leverage to end this nonsense! I watched four good games Sunday (including the Vikes) whose outcome could have easily been determined by incompetent decisions. Mistakes I can accept as part of the game. Incompetence is loathsome.

The 2nd part of the simultaneous catch rule states that it is not simultaneous if one player has possession and a 2nd player latches onto the ball later, which is clearly what happened. What an embarrassment.

Part of the uproar is people not understanding what possesion is. You don't get credit for possesion just because you have the ball 3 feet above the ground. All that matters is what is happeneing at the moment of actuall possesion and a legal catch after hitting the ground.

That being said I agree with Scott the NFL replay people in the booth who are the same people who have done it all along and are NOT replacements could not possibly overturn the call.

I have a suggestion for the packers play better the 1st 59 minutes 55 seconds of the game if you're so great...

I hate the packers, but as a fan of the NFL that call disgusts me. What a crock. The 2nd part of the simultaneous catch rule states that it is not simultaneous if one player has possession and a 2nd player latches onto the ball later, which is clearly what happened. What an embarrassment.

Exactly.

This is bigger than what color uniform the teams are wearing. I am a fan of the NFL first and foremost, and this is a huge black eye on the league.

As James likes to say: NFL credibility dead.

Article #3 Item #5

Item 5: Simultaneous Catch.􀀃If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. laugh Go Lions laugh

What is your definition of simultaneous?

full-34081-24707-183535_4674857836127_11

full-34081-24708-horh7.jpg

I understand procession and two hands on the ball, up into his chest when he comes to the ground is procession...period...and what most/all of the world saw last night. It was a joke, everyone knew what happened was a joke and a disgrace. There wasnt a single person on set that agreeded with the call, not one. The guys on set were even uncomfortable having Russel Wilson on set and honestly seemed like they couldn't wait to get him off of it so they could say what they could say. Partly because his team was awarded a win when they clearly should not have been and also because he said "tremendous" 46 thousand times during the interview. And the interview with Tate? Really? It was almost like a "whatcha talkin bout Willis" moment.

Regardless of what happened the first half, the game was decided on the final play, and a call that will be remembered as one of the worst calls in NFL history.

I hope this is the final push to get something done. When it costs teams games, it needs to stop. I honestly think the ref that gave the Td call messed up on what color was on offense and defense. Pathetic.