• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WORST CALL EVER!!

BuckSutherland

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen worse calls in more meaningful situations. The pass interference call late in the NFC Championship game against the Saints. There was no way that was a catchable ball, but the Saints got a fresh 4, and well, the rest is history.

My team?

And lets be honest, nothing of this magnitude has happened to the whiney Vikings. This was a blown call that the entire country believes was a bad call.

End of story.

Lmit, your the biggest Cheesehead on these boards, and you dont hide it very well at all.

You may have grown up a Vikings fan, and have got sick of their losing ways, but you are now a full blown Packer fan.

As for the call, the magnitude of the call wasnt all that much. I watch the replay, I see Tate, having control of the ball at one point, when he is on the ground, to me that is a touchdown. Kinda hard to reverse the call. I will admit though, it should have been passing interference, and an interception, but the review booth was looking did Tate have control of the ball on the ground, and the answer is yes, he did, touchdown.

Not sure about anyone else, but I was really looking forward to seeing what was about to happen when the replacements stepped onto the field in green bay this week...

Seriously though, this was fascinating.

Finally a group of 1%ers realized that "Hey. We actually need the small people. We should care about the small people"

wink

In other words, owners realized that they needed the refs they had, and that the fans are the reason they're actually in the football business in the first place.

Rule 8 - Section 3 - Article 1 - Item 5: Simultaneous Catch. If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control.

Thats where the screw up was ... the one official was late and all he saw was the end of the play. Replay crew should have reversed it!

That being said are they still protesting, I mean, PEOPLE, actually protesting in the streets of Green Bay?

Good Lord cheeseheads! .. grin

If the replacements made the right call on Monday night (per the NFL), then why the urgency to get the regular refs back?

whistle

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the call on the field was obviously called by the replacements. However when it went to booth review, the official and final call was not made by the "replacement refs" but league official that ALWAYS make those calls?

Originally Posted By: LMITOUT

My team?

"And lets be honest, nothing of this magnitude has happened to the whiney Vikings. This was a blown call that the entire country believes was a bad call.

End of story."

Of course it has. Anybody remember this game?

2002 Vikings at Packers

Jack Brewer intercepted Farve late in the 4th (under 2minutes). Game over right? Nope. PI thrown on Corey Chavous. Ball back to the packers, first down, and they score the winning touchdown. Major brawl at end of game, players fined. The next week, the NFL confirms that it was actually offense PI and the INT should NOT have been overturned. Ref's took the game from the Vikings and gave it to the pack. Of course no one in GB will admit this. Check out the article. Unlike GB, the Vikings moved on. Chavous took it like a man "they won the game" Unlike Rodgers and TJ Lang still whining and expecting Seattle to apologize.

Morale of the story - what comes around goes around. Even if it takes 10 years.

It was a sarcastic response to the previous small minded comments saying the same thing that I've read here and heard elsewhere, that for some reason how one team played was the reason for a bad call. crazy

A laughable call is a laughable call, and that was the most laughable of them all.

Phantom holding call so league office is not again flooded by Packer whiners demanding replacement refs immediately be reinstated. At least we won't have wonder what the Jets and Patriots are up to this week since ESPN will put all of 3 seconds into this blown call.