• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WORST CALL EVER!!

BuckSutherland

Funny that all the analysts, writers, commentators, players all seem to think it was a bad call.

Ironic, isn't it?

Anyone saying this was the right call is clearly putting their own interests above the good of the game and they should be treated simply as noise.

Hypocrites and frauds.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it was a bad call.

But, when I was watching the game...I thought it was a touchdown too. So, I was excited. The replay shown us all that is was NOT a TD. But, possession is not reversable by replay...is it? So, the play could NOT be changed as called.

The bad call was NOT calling the offensive pass interference.

And, there were many bad calls before this. Green Bay was only in the game thanks to many bad calls on third down for the Packers. I thought the referees were Packer Backers for the longest time. The Pack should have never had the lead in the first place.

All around bad game in my opinion.

So, it is not the worse call of all time. I say that because "bad calls" went both ways. And, the refs are doing their best and I feel bad for them. They should never be in this situation and are doing the best they can. The NFL is to blame for they know we will keep watching...and we will....

Quote:
The NFL released a statement Tuesday confirming that the result of Monday night's controversial Seahawks vs. Packers game will stand.

The statement concedes that Golden Tate should have been called for offensive pass interference, but does not dispute the (erroneous) simultaneous possession ruling. "Under the rule for simultaneous catch, the ball belongs to Tate, the offensive player. ... In the end zone, a ruling of a simultaneous catch is reviewable. ... Referee Wayne Elliott determined that no indisputable visual evidence existed to overturn the call on the field, and as a result, the on-field ruling of touchdown stood. The NFL Officiating Department reviewed the video today and supports the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling following the instant replay review. The result of the game is final."

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Ironic, isn't it?

Everyone else saying this was the right call is clearly putting their own interests above the good of the game and they should be treated simply as noise.

Hypocrites and frauds.

booohoooo....sniff, snifff.....

crycrycrycrycrycrycrycrycry

Bad calls even out...According to the league your Packers lost fair and square (See Below). laugh

Originally Posted By: 4wanderingeyes
The NFL released a statement Tuesday confirming that the result of Monday night's controversial Seahawks vs. Packers game will stand.

The statement concedes that Golden Tate should have been called for offensive pass interference, but does not dispute the (erroneous) simultaneous possession ruling. "Under the rule for simultaneous catch, the ball belongs to Tate, the offensive player. ... In the end zone, a ruling of a simultaneous catch is reviewable. ... Referee Wayne Elliott determined that no indisputable visual evidence existed to overturn the call on the field, and as a result, the on-field ruling of touchdown stood. The NFL Officiating Department reviewed the video today and supports the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling following the instant replay review. The result of the game is final."

Wow, too funny....

Go read how the actual rule reguarding simultaneous possession reads pier.....read the whole rule....every part of it.

I'm talking about the fans who think the Packer defender who had the ball originaly in the Air, had possession at that point. I do agree, even though the Seatle player had both hands on the ball/receiver at the moment of actual possession it was pretty large stretch.

It's the Pass interference that should have been called

"possession is not reversable by replay"

Stop listening to John Gruden the play is and was reviewable.

NFL STATEMENT ON FINAL PLAY OF GREEN BAY PACKERS-SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAME

In Monday's game between the Green Bay Packers and Seattle Seahawks, Seattle faced a 4th-and-10 from the Green Bay 24 with eight seconds remaining in the game.

Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson threw a pass into the end zone. Several players, including Seattle wide receiver Golden Tate and Green Bay safety M.D. Jennings, jumped into the air in an attempt to catch the ball.

While the ball is in the air, Tate can be seen shoving Green Bay cornerback Sam Shields to the ground. This should have been a penalty for offensive pass interference, which would have ended the game. It was not called and is not reviewable in instant replay.

When the players hit the ground in the end zone, the officials determined that both Tate and Jennings had possession of the ball. Under the rule for simultaneous catch, the ball belongs to Tate, the offensive player. The result of the play was a touchdown.

Replay Official Howard Slavin stopped the game for an instant replay review. The aspects of the play that were reviewable included if the ball hit the ground and who had possession of the ball. In the end zone, a ruling of a simultaneous catch is reviewable. That is not the case in the field of play, only in the end zone.

Referee Wayne Elliott determined that no indisputable visual evidence existed to overturn the call on the field, and as a result, the on-field ruling of touchdown stood. The NFL Officiating Department reviewed the video today and supports the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling following the instant replay review.

The result of the game is final.

Applicable rules to the play are as follows:

A player (or players) jumping in the air has not legally gained possession of the ball until he satisfies the elements of a catch listed here.

Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3 of the NFL Rule Book defines a catch:

A forward pass is complete (by the offense) or intercepted (by the defense) if a player, who is inbounds:

(a) secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground; and

(B) touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands; and

© maintains control of the ball long enough, after (a) and (B) have been fulfilled, to enable him to perform any act common to the game (i.e., maintaining control long enough to pitch it, pass it, advance with it, or avoid or ward off an opponent, etc.).

When a player (or players) is going to the ground in the attempt to catch a pass, Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3, Item 1 states:

Player Going to the Ground. If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.

Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3, Item 5 states:

Simultaneous Catch. If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control. If the ball is muffed after simultaneous touching by two such players, all the players of the passing team become eligible to catch the loose ball.

I still don't see "simultaneous possession" as Jennings had the ball to his chest before Tate even has a second hand on the ball. No matter what, the Refs should have discussed the call before making it. To call a touchdown and rely on reviewal to make the correct call or reversal was wrong. It was in the last 2 minutes, so it would have been a booth review regardless of it was a scoring play or not. Calling it a touchdown was wrong.

refss_medium.gif

Regardless everyone from GB should have been in ball-swat mode that close to the sideline instead of trying for a catch. They were all above any Seahawks receivers and could have easily got the ball out of play as a result of the call. Poor discipline, GB.

replay_medium.gif

I think we can all agree that had it been certain other teams getting a game "taken" from them in this manner, there may have been rioting, fires, and overturned squad cars. Stay Classy, Green Bay.

They dont want part time refs to get a pension. haha, maybe the part time ref is already workin a full time job with no pension and part time at the nfl to get that pension, while his four kids sit at home wondering if there dad will ever get to retire. No more buying nfl liscensed merch for me. this is the last game ill watch untill its finalized

Did you actually think the NFL would say anything to the contrary? If so I have a bridge to sell you.

It wont change the outcome of the game either way, and no, why would I think they would change the call? The game was over!

The Packers played bad, they didnt deserve their 1 touchdown they got, from a bad call. Their Oline leaks more then I do after I drink a pot of coffee (which is a lot). 8 sacks in a half?

You guys are arguing that the Packers lost the lead, which lost them the game because of a bad call from the refs, when the Packers got the lead in the first place from a bad call from the refs. It is called Karma!

After looking at all of the different replays from every angle I can see how they let the call on the field stand.

The Green Bay player does not have actual posession of the ball until both feet are on the ground. If you look at the last GIF posted above by the time the Green bay player has both feet on the ground it looks as though Tate has both hands on the ball and is already on the ground meaning he would have gained possesion first.

I can't say for sure if thats exactly what happened becuase no replay is pefectly clear but based on what I can see and the fact that touchdown was the call on the field I see why they didn't reverse the call.

But obviously pass interference should have been called on Tate before the catch anyways.

In the end the Pack lost, I laughed, and the world goes on.