• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WORST CALL EVER!!

BuckSutherland

Anyone see the last play of the Packers game? Absolutely the worst call I have ever seen.

Bet the other guys will be back to work soon. For once in my life I am siding with a union. Cant believe it.

There were worse calls than the final one earlier in that same game.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless everyone from GB should have been in ball-swat mode that close to the sideline instead of trying for a catch. They were all above any Seahawks receivers and could have easily got the ball out of play as a result of the call. Poor discipline, GB.

DING DING DING, we have a winner...........

Regardless everyone from GB should have been in ball-swat mode that close to the sideline instead of trying for a catch. They were all above any Seahawks receivers and could have easily got the ball out of play as a result of the call. Poor discipline, GB.

Sure looked like Shields, #37 was going to be in position to do just that until he was shoved out of the way. But as the NFL said, the play was called correctly. confused

Sure looked like Shields, #37 was going to be in position to do just that until he was shoved out of the way. But as the NFL said, the play was called correctly. confused

Shields is irrelevant. There were four other GB defenders that could, and should have knocked the ball down.

Shields is irrelevant. There were four other GB defenders that could, and should have knocked the ball down.

Well... I mean... it wasn't exactly a subtle push, heh.

That said, you're right. I was wondering last night, and this morning... why the hell they didn't just smack the ball out of the field?

Here's a nice song I stumbled upon that seems to fit in this thread.

It was a bad call, but not as bad as everyone is making it out to be. I've actually seen worse simultaneous possesion calls than this one. I saw one about 10 years ago where one guy only had 1 hand on the ball from an outstreached arm. I've heard people refer to this catch as having 1 arm on the ball, but I've replayed this a dozen times and Tate actually had 2 hands on the ball.

Again, I agree it was a bad call, but it wasn't even the worst call of that game.

The Packers played bad, they didnt deserve their 1 touchdown they got, from a bad call.

What bad call? The one where Greg Jennings got completely trucked while running his route and there was no flag?

The poor spot on the Greg Jennings TD that was reversed but didn't give them a 1st down?

The mystery pass interference against Sydney Rice that put the Seahawks way down the field?

The bogus roughing the QB call that nullified a GB interception?

That bad call?

Just remember, these are replacement refs, and they are trying to do their best. While I agree, the call should have been blown dead because of the offense pass interference, and it should have been called an interception to begin with, but the refs missed the passing interference, it happens, a lot. As for the TD call instead of an interception, I have watched the replay about 50 times, I dont see evidence that doesnt say Tate didnt control the ball while he was on the ground, which would be a touch down. It could have been called the other way, and all of Seattle would have been irrate. But that would have been ok with you right?

It was a close call, the replacement refs called it as they seen it, the upstairs review booth, couldnt see evidence to say it wasnt a touch down. Then the NFL reviewed it today, and also said they made the right call.

I am sure it is just a conspiracy against the Packers.

As for the Packers gimme first down on their TD drive, you know which one. Quit being a hommer.

Myself a little biased, being a Vikings fan, but admitting that the Packers are my second favorite team, I seen the bad calls, but what do you do? Some calls went each way. The Packers just put themselves into position to lose by a single play, they played like carp.

It could have been called the other way, and all of Seattle would have been irrate. But that would have been ok with you right?

Absolutely...along with the REST OF THE COUNTRY THAT HAS A CLUE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED!

Nobody has said that the call was the right call. NOBODY.

Good grief.

I guess Packer fans are the only ones that have a clue crazy

I never said it was the RIGHT call, I just said since it was called that way on the field, there wasnt enough evidence to over turn it. If it was called an interception, Seattle would have been whining, and it wouldnt have been reversed either.

The fact of the matter is that it COULD NOT have been overturned on review. When watching the play in full speed I have no doubt that the best ref of all time could have had a hard time with that particular call. Sure anyone can call it when view still shots frame by frame.

Fans have become spoiled.

oh and lets not forget that a NFL veteran official has gone on record saying that during a hail mary jump ball basically anything goes, so the odds are VERY high that wouldn't have been called with the regular guys either.

oh and lets not forget that a NFL veteran official has gone on record saying that during a hail mary jump ball basically anything goes, so the odds are VERY high that wouldn't have been called with the regular guys either.

And others have said that while ticky tacky bumping into calls would not be called this was to evident to ignore.