• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite Horror Movies

tacklejunkie

Being that it's Halloween, what are some of the best horror movies you've seen?

Mine, in no particular order, are:

1)The Changeling with George C Scott

2)Silent of the Lambs

3)The Exorcist

4) Dracula with Gary Oldman

5) The Exorcism of Emily Rose

6) Salem's Lot with Rob Lowe

Salem's Lot!! (1979) version was first to pop into my head. I didn't sleep for weeks (8 or 9 when I saw it). I saw it again recently, and laughed. lol.

Excorcist still frightening.

Blair Witch really got me (freaked me out because I bow hunted on old, abandoned farm sites with houses much like the last scenes.) Also laugh about that one now (I don't bow hunt any longer either - No, not b/c of the movie, but pheasants and fish have taken over)

Salem's Lot!! (1979) version was first to pop into my head. I didn't sleep for weeks (8 or 9 when I saw it). I saw it again recently, and laughed. lol.

Excorcist still frightening.

Blair Witch really got me (freaked me out because I bow hunted on old, abandoned farm sites with houses much like the last scenes.) Also laugh about that one now (I don't bow hunt any longer either - No, not b/c of the movie, but pheasants and fish have taken over)

I agree with all of that.

i used to watch horror movies and i agree that the original evil dead had me a little startled. evil dead 2 and 3 [ 3 may have had a different title added to it] had some comedy added to it and gave bruce cambell a shot at other movies and tv shows. he played his character in the dead series very well. good luck.

Thirteen Ghosts

House on Haunted Hill

Christine (especially since I know once a Plymouth gets a dent it is never straight again).

Dawn of the Dead

I don't think it was technically a Horror Movie but the Mothman Prophicies really freaked me out. War of the Worlds was Sci-fi but I thought it was pretty scary... gave me bad dreams eek

I LOVE horror movies and really am sad that not many good ones have came out lately. I do like Paranormal Activity, and the last 2 new Halloween movies (I think Rob Zombie did a great job with both of them). My favorites EVER are:

1. A Nightmare on Elm Street(Original)

2. Exorcist

3. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter(Pt.4)

4. Halloween(original)

5. Predator(not really horror, but close)

6. Tremors

7. Jaws

8. The Thing

9. IT

10.Alien