• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

BBD.....Big Buck DOWN!!!!!

Meat-Run

Ok, it's big for me so here's the scenerio...In stand around 4pm, 4:30 two does getting dogged by a nice buck about 150 yards and all I can see is antlers that far in the woods so I know he's not a spiker for sure. The does circled back into the bedding area and out of site with buck in-toe, hit the grunt tube with no luck because of wind.

4:50pm, NOW it gets interesting. I said a little prayer and ask for a favor for those does to come my way, well my prayer was answered and sures heck here they come getting chased. The two does walked around to my left 5 yards and they didn't see me, second little prayer answered. Then just like it's suppose to work here he comes but I have a big clump of pines right in front of me and not sure if he's going to come in the exact trail....well the does go left he goes right to cut them off about 7-8 yards and I had a split second to swing and squeeze the release.....Thwap!!!! Holy Schnikeys I just shot the biggest buck of my life, unfortunetly the deer was on a steady walk and I hit him a little back, top of the lungs maybe kidneys. He was hurt badly by his body language and the arrow I think went almost through but not 100% sure because there was some but not much white hair on the ground. He took off hunched and broke the arrow off about 7 inches short of the knock.

Gathered my thoughts made some calls and got down about 15 minutes later. Went and found the arrow and there was blood right were the arrow broke but that was it. Waited about an hour later and tried to find some blood while there was some light and I think I bumped him and he only went about 20-30 yards. I pulled back out and i'm in the process of rounding up the calvary to hopefully to find him dead in the morning. I have him some what cornered in about 20 acres or less so I think he's dead but if it is a kidney/liver shot time is only on my side. WISH me luck and I will post pictures but will need some assistance when I get there.....say another prayer!!!!

My guess he's a big 8 or small 10 but not sure as I never had enough time to count points!....the story will continue some time later Saturday or Sunday morning.

FYI... deer where on there feet moving and eating at 3pm long before I got to my stand, I knew tonight was going to be good I had that "funny feeling".

mr

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be prayin for you all morning as I'm digging a big hole got called out on a emergency call tonight just as I was putting on my camos, so as I am cussing work digging the 8x8x8 hole to unplug the sewer I will be praying and looking forward to see your pictures when I get home.

Well I have good news, we found him not more than 20-30 yards from where I bumped him lastnight. We took a ton of pictures but will need somebody to post there email so they can get posted.

I'll have most of the pictures tomorrow sometime as I'm preparing for a Halloween party for tonight. The out come was better than I expected but I can't complain as it was a very respectable and first bow buck a very large 7ptr. The body was huge and the height was very impressive for how many points my guess he was a 3yo buck and would have made a solid 8 it he would have lived. I've been eating tag soup for 5+ years and very happy with my accomplishment, life is good.

Thank you for all the fine comments and support from such a great group of archerys and outdoorsman.

Pictures coming soon!

Regards,

Meat-Run

Well I have good news, we found him not more than 20-30 yards from where I bumped him lastnight. We took a ton of pictures but will need somebody to post there email so they can get posted.

I'll have most of the pictures tomorrow sometime as I'm preparing for a Halloween party for tonight. The out come was better than I expected but I can't complain as it was a very respectable and first bow buck a very large 7ptr. The body was huge and the height was very impressive for how many points my guess he was a 3yo buck and would have made a solid 8 it he would have lived. I've been eating tag soup for 5+ years and very happy with my accomplishment, life is good.

Thank you for all the fine comments and support from such a great group of archerys and outdoorsman.

Pictures coming soon!

Regards,

Meat-Run

Don't keep us hanging. You don't need to post pictures to a photo hosting site anymore to post them here. You can load them to your post right from your computer.

At the top of the "Reply" box, there is an icon that looks brown with a blue arrow pointing up(I think it's actually a sunset photo). Click on that, load your photo and your good. Piece of cake.